Date published: March 27, 2017
Getting ready for the Easter break
Whether you’re getting ready to leave for a long weekend or for the whole of the Easter break, here are some things you may want to do before you leave:
- Tell your neighbours you’re away for Easter; they are the best people to keep an eye on your house or flat.
- Unplug smaller electrical items. (Not fridges and freezers)
- Remove any perishable goods from cupboards and fridges.
- Take your valuables home with you.
- If you are expecting a delivery, try to cancel it or rearrange it for another time
- Lock all the windows and doors, even small windows.
- Turn on the house alarm, if there is one installed.
- If your house is going to be empty, you need to let your landlord know.
- Read Manchester Student Homes’ Student Safety information: UK Students - Student Safety Flyer Non-UK Students - International Student Safety Guide
- The last person should inform the landlord that the house will be empty.
If you haven’t started looking or are still looking for accommodation for next year don’t worry there are still plenty of properties available on the Manchester Student Homes website.
Have you found your house/hall for next year? Has your contract been checked? You can bring it to Manchester Student Homes before you sign. Remember, your landlord needs to protect the deposit you paid in a government approved scheme within 28 days of you handing it over. Find out more here.
If you would like to speak to an adviser from askUS about accommodation issues or have any questions then please get in touch by emailing askUSemail@example.com.