Date published: April 15, 2016
Create Festival 2016
Come along to experience something new and to help celebrate the achievements of our talented students from the School of Arts and Media.
Now in its fifth year, Create Salford aims to excite and encourage creative minds through a series of events. Starting as a three day showcase event, Create has now become a two month long arts festival, covering multiple arts and media-based areas.
At the festival, you will have the opportunity to experience innovative work at a range of events including the degree show, original theatrical, comedy and dance performances, live music, poetry readings, a fashion runway show and much more. With so much variety there is something for everyone!
Events will be staged across multiple venues on campus, as well as in partner venues across the Salford and Manchester area. Why not take the opportunity to go somewhere you haven’t been before?
· A joint exhibition between Salford and Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) students, Territorial Anxiety features new artworks and critical writings. It opens with a special preview at 4.30pm on Thursday 28 April, at Grosvenor Gallery, MMU and is then open daily until Friday 6 May 10am-4.30pm.
· Join us in Peel Hall for a Musical Arts Celebration Concert with the University’s Brass Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble in this 40th anniversary year of the Music and Dance Directorate. The concert begins at 7pm on Wednesday 4 May.
· The Doors are Open on Wednesday and Thursday 25-26 May, as Performance students showcase second and third-year work from comedy to physical theatre and devised performance in the DPL at MediaCityUK. (Booking required)
· Don’t miss a work-in-progress installation, Albert the Tank Tram: a collaborative project between Engineering and Arts and Media students, along with community performers. Find out more about the project in MediaCityUK’s Foyer and Egg Space between 12-4pm on Wednesday 1 June. (Booking required)
· From Thursday 9 June you can enjoy the Animation and Computer Video Games Showcase in the DPL at MediaCityUK from 7pm. The exhibition continues every day, 10am-4pm, until Friday 17 June. (Booking required for 9 June)
See the full festival schedule and plan which events you’re going to come along to. Join us to be entertained, informed and inspired!
Signed up to an event? Seen something amazing? Tell us about it - @createatsalford @UoS_StudentLife #CreateSalford