Date published: December 07, 2017
Christmas at the University of Salford
December is here and there are so many Christmassy events going on around campus. Here is a roundup of events and services that will be available to you during the Christmas period.
The University closes on Thursday, 21st of December and reopens on January 2nd.
The Library closes at midnight on Sunday, 24th December and reopens at 10.00am on Tuesday 26th December. The library is open every other day including New Year’s Day. It is completely self-service – there is no enquiry service except for Chat.
- AskUS closes at 6PM on Thursday, 21st December and reopens at 8:30AM Tuesday 2nd January.
From the 22nd December to the 8th January, the Faith Centre will remain on swipe access only. The downstairs prayer facilities will be open and available via swipe only from 6am to 9pm. The upstairs social space will be open via swipe only from 10am to 5pm.
The Sports Centre will close on Wednesday 21st December at 2.00pm, reopening again on Tuesday 2nd January at 7.00am.
- Reboot Xmas Special – Sat 9th Dec (10pm-3am) – Atmosphere (Shock Radio Clubnight with loads of fun in store inc. DJ Santa)
- USSU Xmas Jumper Pre-party – Wed 13th (8pm- 12am) – Atmosphere (Festive pre-party fun with loads of giveaways, deals and a few fun games too)
- Bandaoke Xmas Special – Thurs 14th (8pm-11pm) – Atmosphere (Live band karaoke with a special line up of Xmas songs to bring the festivities to AKB)
- The Christmas Mass is at St James RC Church, Pendleton Way, Salford (located between Aldi and Tesco stores) 6pm Christmas Eve, 24th Dec., Midnight, and at 10am on 25th Dec, Christmas Day. Mass at 10.30pm on 24th Dec in St John’s Catholic Cathedral, Chapel Street, Salford.
- 25th December – the Faith Centre will host a Christmas lunchtime social with food provided 12-2pm and their weekly Fast and Feast between 4-5pm. Both events are open to all students of all faiths and none.
- Our wellbeing team offers a variety of events and workshops to keep you healthy including Yoga and mindfulness sessions. See the list of their event here.
Come and sing Christmas Carols! Learn more the festive and make new friends.
Shop all the bargains on Boxing Day!
Celebrate the festive season among friends.
Opening times for Atmosphere are as follows:
Atmosphere bar 11am-12am until Friday 15th December
Atmosphere Café 8.30am-5pm until Friday 22nd December
Christmas opening times for Salfood restaurants can be found here.
Counselling and Wellbeing are open from 8.30am until 5pm Monday to Friday. They close at 5pm on the 21st December 2017 and the service reopens at 8.30am Tuesday 2nd January 2018. They have Wellbeing advisers on hand to offer support or point you in the right direction. You can make an appointment by filling in the online referral form. Please be aware that sometimes it may take a little time to get an available appointment.
If you require urgent support over the Christmas period there are other support options available so that you can speak to someone. Please have a look at our crisis information where you can see all the avenues of support open to you.