Date published: September 30, 2016
Apply for the Salford Advantage Fund and you could win up to £5,000
The Salford Advantage Fund is offering students the chance to apply for up to £5,000. The annual fund is put together by alumni, friends and students in support of the University’s overall development.
The Fund supports projects that enhance the student experience, academic developments or the University’s overall environment or profile, but for which there are few other sources of funding available.
Typical projects might include:
- Improving student facilities or enhancing communal spaces;
- Providing students with opportunities not otherwise available to them (academic or extracurricular);
- Initiatives that enable students and the University to engage with the local community (eg. student mentoring or outreach activity that enhances the student experience).
Funds are distributed annually, and applications are invited from any member of the University community to be considered by a Disbursement Board in October.
Projects funded last year include:
- Skills for citizens- Engaging students and members of the community in basic life support and emergency skills
- A grant for the School of the Built Environment for the "Enhancing Student Learning Experience through Gaming Technologies" project.
- Improvement of the SHOCK radio studio.
- University of Salford Rowing Club – VIII Boat upgrade project