Understanding the Data Protection Act 2018 and GPDR is essential for all organisations in reducing the risk of compliance breaches and equipping your teams with the skills and knowledge to handle the new regulations.
If you or your organisation handle personal information, then complying with data protection regulations is integral to your daily work activities.
This course will provide insight into your responsibilities under the new data protection act allowing you to expand your knowledge of collecting data legally, obtaining consent and processing data in accordance with the law.
- Understand what requirements apply to your organisation
- Learn how to handle personal information in compliance
- Ensuring data security
Module 1 - The Data Protection Act 2018 and what does it mean to me?
Module 2 - Data Protection Act terminology and the ICO (Information Commissions Office)
Module 3 - Your responsibility, Company responsibilities and consequences of non-compliance
Module 4 - Scenarios and final assessment
By completing the course, you will:
- Understand GDPR’S key terminology and how these apply to your organisation
- Gain a deeper insight into the regulations purpose and why the new act was created.
- Learn the key principles, corporate guidelines and best practice
- Understand the consequences of non-compliance