Institute of Directors
Developed by Directors, for Directors
The Institute of Directors (IoD) Programme offers a range of courses that have been designed by executive level business experts from a range of industries, focussing on the essential skills that are required to successfully lead a business.
Our programmes are ideal for Directors, senior executives, owner-managers and entrepreneurs who aspire to work at strategic board room level, whether this be in the public, private or non-for-profit sectors.
The Institute’s partnership with Salford Professional Development has proven highly successful and over the years we have welcomed Directors from companies as diverse as Costain, The Little Greene Paint Company, Caritas Care and Northern Employment Services.
Salford delegates have an excellent exam record. Jo Ritzema, Finance Director of WDL Ltd, was recently awarded a distinction in the Diploma exam, to add to her Certificate distinction, and commented;
“I would urge all directors, new and old, to give the Programme a try. It helped me to come up with ideas that we are now implementing. The course content is relevant and interesting and the days challenging but rewarding. I also thoroughly enjoyed the networking. From functional directors to entrepreneurs there is a real cross section of people, all with different experiences. Everybody is keen to discuss day to day issues and make practical recommendations. A very productive use of time.”
Advance your career and take your business forward
The IoD programme offers an unparalleled range of benefits, including:
- A full understanding of the legal obligations of a Director, your personal duties and liabilities and what these mean in the context of your business
- A unique insight into the world of executive-level management and the latest knowledge of boardroom best practice
- The key skills needed to unlock the power of the board and influence effective decision making
- An ability to view business decisions objectively, perceive threats and identify new opportunities
- Advancement of your professional development as a Director
Discover how the IoD course modules can fit within your work plan and drive forward this year's business objectives with the latest course schedule.
Advance your professional development as a Director
The IoD Certificate Programme and Diploma consist of short practical courses employing blended learning techniques, exploring many critical issues facing today's senior professionals including governance, financial reporting and strategy.