University Estates and Facilities Conference
“Despite a period of policy upheaval, UK universities are continuing to deliver world-class facilities and engage with communities through innovative routes. Our mandate, to attract and retain the finest students and staff from across the UK and internationally, is more important than ever in increasingly changeable political times. Making sure we have the funds to provide these facilities is of paramount importance to the sector.”
(Mike Clark, AUDE Chair)
While university estates generate £28 billion per annum, higher education departments still face intense cost pressures to develop more innovative approaches to enhance their buildings, learning spaces and equipment to ensure that campuses are world-class and fulfilling student expectations. Now, more than ever, university estate and facility directors, suppliers and procurement professionals need to work together.
SPD’s third University Estates and Facilities Conference: Improving Conditions and Standards conference seeks to truly bridge the gap between commissioning and resourcing while focusing on strategies to manage the priority of doing more for less and ensuring world-class facilities are available on campus for students. With an emphasis on collaboration, the agenda will be built around practical examples on key topics including: capital funding, social value, security, sustainability, meeting student expectations and supplier project engagement.
Researched and developed with leading quangos and university estate and facility professionals, this is the only conference designed to facilitate understanding and collaboration between the two entities by offering insight, guidance and captivating both change and progress within university estate and facilities’ landscapes. By offering a mix of practical advice as well as discussion of the strategic issues – we aim to ensure delegates leave the event with plenty of ideas and opportunities to implement within their organisation.
Please click here for the latest agenda
*** We don’t accept delegate registrations from suppliers ***
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- Revising the progress, the UK government and non-executive bodies are currently making with university estate investments and discussions surrounding best practice capital funding strategies
- Exploring how the latest security and fire protection technology can be used to improve department infrastructures and save money in the long-run by opting in for Open Source solutions
- Making the most by utilising shared FM digital technologies
- Ensuring departmental buildings are energy compliant and used to their maximum ability
- Understanding what student expectations are and how to meet these standards
- Enhance your campus by developing sustainable residential accommodation in order to become a ‘world-class’ provider
- Planning and utilising best practice example frameworks for resourcing and facility specifications
- Incorporating collaboration across the local community through the help of Apprenticeships, training opportunities and local authorities both nationally and regionally into university estate and facilities’ infrastructure projects in order to get the best value for money
- Offering lively discussions on topics such as: university funding and allocation, meeting student expectations, security, health and safety, sustainability and social value. Looking at the best way to plan, manage and deliver estate and facility projects as well as monitor emergency system breakdowns.
- Learning from sector-leading, real-life, best practice case studies.
- Network with delegates and leading professionals from across both the public and private sector and discuss action-orientated solutions which you can implement for your institution.
Who should attend?
- Associate Director for Higher Education Team
- Business Manager Facilities
- Capital Planning Managers
- Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities Management
- Deputy Head of Capital Projects
- Director Estates Strategy
- Director of Finance and Operations
- Director of Property
- Estates Director
- Estates Officer
- Facilities Manager
- Finance and Premises Manager
- Group Director of Estate Development
- Head of Client Relations
- Head of Higher Education Client Services
- Head of Technical Services
- Head of Maintenance
- HR Manager
- Programme Delivery Lead
- Senior Architectural Designer
- Senior Project Manager
- University Director of Estates