GovTech Conference: transforming public services through technology
“Britain is a world leader in digital innovation with some of the brightest and best tech-firms operating in this country. Working with us, they can provide technological fixes to public sector problems, boost productivity, and get the nation working smarter as we create an economy fit for the future.” - Chancellor Philip Hammond
Can new technologies improve public services?
The UK government has become one of the most digitally advanced in the world. In 2011, the Government Digital Service (GDS) was established as a digital centre of excellence, and since then steps have been taken to improve government’s use of technology. The Government Transformation Strategy (2017-2020) aims to better understand what citizens need, streamline services at reduced costs and drive improve through data.
One of the key challenges that the sector faces is the slow uptake of new technologies and operating systems as well as engagement from civil servants. Is the workforce prepared for a digital future? The GovTech Conference will explore the importance of digital skills and how to successfully engage the workforce in embracing change and be skilfully equipped to deliver the digital future. The conference will also share case studies on models of procuring new technologies and examples of how public sector organisations are changing the way they interact with citizens and businesses.
Delegate feedback from our last GovTech conferences includes:
“This event set out a clear understanding of the importance of setting security standard across all levels at my organisation”
“This was a great opportunity to see smart working practices within the public sector”
In 2017, the Government launched the £20 million GovTech Fund to support delivery of the government’s Industrial Strategy. The purpose of this fund is to help private sector innovators tackle public sector problems and boost productivity. Join us for the GovTech Conference: transforming public services through technology, where leading industry experts will offer insights into how digital technologies can help reduce the cost of delivering public services in a modern and efficient way.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- Discover how digital technologies can help reduce the cost of delivering public services in a modern and efficient way
- Understand the importance of digital skills and create a culture ensuring your organisation has the right people, with the right skills and training, employed in the right place working in the right way
- Explore how you can assess and make better use of company data to streamline public services
- See case studies on how public sector organisations are changing the way they interact with citizens and businesses
- Have your questions answered by leading industry experts
- Gain an insight into the latest innovative technologies that are helping public sector organisations become more efficient and streamline
- See best practice models of procuring new technologies in the public sector
Who should attend?
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Directors of ICT and Informatics
- Heads of Information Governance
- Heads of IT