Future of Railway Transport Conference
Railway transport is the most preferred method of travelling in Great Britain - at a time when it has never been more expensive and increasingly congested to travel. The Future of Railway Transport conference will help you to develop a greater understanding of how both the government and Network Rail are completely transforming the railway infrastructure. This in turn will help ensure that less congestion is encountered by passengers, capacity is increased, reliability is boosted and train journeys are improved.
The agenda will be based around the government’s Department for Transport report: ‘Connecting People: A Strategic Vision for Rail’ (November 2017) whereby £47.9 billion is to be spent on railway infrastructure between the years of 2019 - 2024. Thematic discussions will take place around the areas of: digital technology being the driving force behind railway mechanics ensuring traffic management is controlled and to enhance the overall customer experience, infrastructure revisions ensuring disabled facilities are prevalent, an insight into the running of implementing electric-run trains by 2040 and considerations surrounding social implications affecting human living. There will be presentations from both government officials and those within the industry will be supplemented by innovative, practical sessions which are designed to be inspiring and beneficial across both individuals and organisations.
Reputation and rapid improvement are key to the railway’s future:
‘’It is a tribute to the hard work, expertise and professionalism of everyone connected to the railways that our network remains one of the safest in the world’’ (HM Chief Inspector of Railways, Ian Prosser)
‘’The success in railway sector is a combination of innovation, significant investment and ongoing improvement of levels of performance’’ (Her Majesty’s British Ambassador to Romania, Mr. Robin Barnett)
Join us for The Future of Railway Transport Conference 2019 where leading government officials and experts will discuss the major challenges facing the railway sector. Discuss how to build and improve railway facilities, understand how the demands of passengers are shifting and anticipate how railway transport will transform in the next five to ten years.
For more information, please click here
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- Understand the importance and severity of trains reducing hydro-carbons to prevent further emissions being released into the atmosphere by switching to electric-run trains by 2040.
- Understand how the inflated cost of ticketing is being utilised to transform the efficiency of railway travel.
- Learn how your city’s railway transport is being transformed for future generations and how you and your organisations can be part of this transition.
- Revising the progress the government and Network Rail has made since the 2017 strategy.
- Exploring how the latest digital technology can be used to enhance railway efficiency and overall customer experience.
- Making the most of railway prices and understanding what costs are associated.
- Network with delegates from both the public and private sector and discuss action-orientated solutions you can implement for your organisation.
- Incorporating social values across all plans and projects
- Offering lively discussions on topics such as: digital technology, railway facilities, disabled access, energy efficiency and the social implications of transport.
- Looking at the best way to plan, manage, and deliver railway projects.
- Learning from sector-leading real-life, best practice case studies
Who should attend?
British Transport Police officials
Construction and engineering
Investors and financiers
Rail and transport industry associations
Rail and transport lawyers
Transport technology specialists
TOCs and FOCs