Last updated: 17 May 2019
- Reports to:
- Salary: Competitive
- Locations: Salford
Salford Professional Development helps delegates to achieve their career goals through lifelong learning and development programmes that draw upon over years of educational excellence.
Continued professional development (CPD) is fundamental to career progression, helping people to learn new skills, keep up with the changing demands of the workplace and gain valuable qualifications in the process.
With this in mind, Salford Professional Development has been established with the aim of consolidating the University’s expertise in this area, providing a wide selection of courses that have been designed specifically to further the careers of those who study with us.
About the Role
Working as part of the production team, the training manager will be responsible for all open training courses and ensuring sufficient product is scheduled to hit agreed revenue targets. As well as rescheduling existing courses, they will proactively source new course ideas and work with tutors and the marketing team to make sure products are marketable, financially viable and scheduled appropriately.
The training manager will work directly with the head of production and heads of departments (Sales, Marketing, Events etc.) to secure new courses and reschedule existing product. They will take university and external tutors through the engagement process and ensure appropriate financial agreements are in place, ensuring all tutors have their right to work in the UK checked.
They will be creative and analytical with strong research capability and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, they will an attention to detail and strong project management skills.
They will be required to work outside of office hours and travel from time to time.
- Coordinate and develop a commercially successful portfolio of training courses to support the company achieve its ambitious growth targets
- Work with university partners to come up with ideas and offer guidance in the process to take it to market
- Be the first point of contact to secure new dates and find solutions when tutors are unavailable
- Coordinate and support product brought in through the business units
- Issue agreements and negotiate costs for new tutors. Keep records of agreed fees to allow for budgeting to be clear
- Manage a database of approved industry associate trainers and university academics
- Regularly engage with networking and communicating partnership opportunities
- Ensure all new products are developed in a timely manner to support the marketing and sales process
- Provide an excellent client focused approach to dealing with all internal and external stakeholders
- Increase our product portfolio by supporting the head of production in developing commercial partnerships with associates and partner organisations
- Prepare and maintain detailed records and accounts of all product activity
- Take every tutor though right to work in the UK checks prior to engaging them for delivery Keep records in a secure place and adhere to data protection regulations
- Add new events to Bright Office and the website
- Amend existing events on Bright Office and the website
- Maintain the product planner spreadsheet used by all departments
- Support the events team with event delivery as required, performing the full role of event lead
- Troubleshoot day-to-day challenges, presenting solutions
- CPD Assessments – send applications, update the website for CPD accredited events, follow up post event to confirm CPD status
- Make suggestions for improving processes to deliver a better service for customers
This job description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your Contract of Employment.
Closing date for applications will be the 28th June 2019