Last updated: 21 Feb 2019
- Reports to:
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Production
- Locations: Adelphi House, Salford
Salford Professional Development helps delegates to achieve their career goals through lifelong learning and development programmes that draw upon over years of educational excellence.
Continued professional development (CPD) is fundamental to career progression, helping people to learn new skills, keep up with the changing demands of the workplace and gain valuable qualifications in the process.
With this in mind, Salford Professional Development has been established with the aim of consolidating the University’s expertise in this area, providing a wide selection of courses that have been designed specifically to further the careers of those who study with us.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a new Conference Producer to join a striving and friendly team.
The ideal Conference Producer will be able to work with and support business unit heads and directors to identify, develop and produce new commercial products and build a strong portfolio of conferences, industry focused briefings and training production.
Working closely with University academics and our network of industry associates, they will develop commercially successful high quality production.
They will ensure that the other teams within operations and wider business have a clear vision for each conference, briefing or training programme and source high profile, knowledgeable and informative facilitators and speakers to deliver the company’s products to a known audience.
! The role will require significant experience in managing multiple projects to tight deadlines. !
As a Conference Producer, your role will involve:
- Continuous research into public policy and industry trends - including desk, telephone and face to face - to gain an in-depth knowledge of the market needs and enable the business to respond quickly to new opportunities
- Constant monitoring of the competitive landscape
- Identify and create event ideas that are commercially successful in attracting the right speakers, delegates, sponsors and supporters
- Preparing in-depth proposals for new events, working to demanding deadlines aimed at the right level and type of audience
- Project manage the event development in terms of programme, speaker liaison, website content and pre- and post-event administration
- Full responsibility for conference agendas, including speaker confirmation and speaker support on the day
Management of speaker budgets and payments
- Work in collaboration with business units to deliver key objectives
- Work with marketing, sales, events and finance to ensure the event meets expectations and hits target
- Take responsibility for the quality of all event content
- Communicate with existing partners, associates and key contacts within the University to maintain strong levels of the business activity
- Achieve all KPIs as agreed with line manager
In order to be considered for the role, you will essentially be able to demonstrate ALL of the following:
- A successful track record of delivering targets within agreed timeframes and budgets
- Research experience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases (Microsoft Office)
- A structured approach to work, with meticulous attention to detail
- Exemplary written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in pressurised environments and situations
- Strong project management skills
- Interpersonal skills to foster and manage high level relationships
- An ambitious and creative approach to work
Additionally, you will have:
- Evidence of working with CRM systems (e.g. Dynamics, Agresso, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Product and content development experience
- Understanding of the importance of CPD, training and professional development in the workforce
- Knowledge and understanding of public policy, current affairs and industry trends
- Experience of developing and delivering high value events and conferences
- A degree in a relevant discipline and/or a business/management qualification
Experience is not essential for this role - However, candidates will be expected to demonstrate impeccable written communication, excellent research skills, and a high level of organisation.
If this you, we want to hear from you.