Skip to main content

FOI Request

How to make a Freedom of Information Request

If you wish to make an enquiry about data held by the University and which does not seem to be already available, you make a request in one of the following ways:

When we receive your request we shall instigate a search for the information you need. If we cannot determine exactly what information you require, we shall contact you as soon as possible to clarify your request. If we already publish the information you require, we shall send you details of how to find the information.

In all other cases, the information you need will be located and provided to you in your preferred format.

Please note that some information may be exempt from your access: should that be the case, we will provide what information we can and also provide reasons why other information has not been released to you. Please also note that we may need to charge a fee to cover the costs of our search and any copying: until a fee is received, the information you require will not be released to you.

Before submitting any request you are advised to check the University's Publication Scheme. to determine whether the information you require is already available publicly.

If you need any advice on your request, or you are unhappy with our response, please write to the Records Manager at the address shown below:

Head of Information Governance, Governance Services Unit, 1st Floor Acton Square, University of Salford, Salford, M5 4WT.

Request for information relating to yourself

Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 you are permitted to submit a request to the University for any information held about you as an individual. If you wish to make an enquiry about data that relates to yourself, please refer to our Data Protection pages for guidance on how to make a Subject Access Request.

More information 

More information about Freedom of Information at the University of Salford.