Research is of critical importance to the University. Our REF2014 results show an overall improvement in our performance since RAE2008 in the overall quality of our research and our research power.
We are committed to research excellence with impact, which is reflected in our range of Impact Case Studies.
The quality of our research and learning environment is reflected in our THE 2014 Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Technology and Business School of the Year, and in our retention of the Vitae HR Excellence in Research award for a further four years.
- 50% of our research was world leading or internationally excellent in terms of its originality, significance and rigour
- 90% of our research was judged to be of international quality
- 100% of our impact in Social Work and Social Policy was rated as outstanding or very considerable
- 80% of our research output in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials was rated as World Leading or Internationally Excellent
- Over 85% of our Environment was rated as conducive to producing research of world leading and internationally excellent quality in terms of its vitality and sustainability in 5 units of assessment
- Over 80% of our Impact was rated as outstanding or very considerable in 5 units of assessment
- Salford Business School increased its GPA by 33% from RAE2008 and its overall position from the 69th to 54th centile in Business and Management
The University of Salford submitted 255 staff, 965 outputs and 37 case studies to the following 13 Units of Assessment:
- Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science and Informatics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials
- Architecture, Built Environment and Planning
- Geography, Environmental Studies and Archaeology
- Business and Management Studies
- Social Work and Social Policy
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- English Language and Literature
- Art and Design: History, Practice and Theory
- Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts
- Communication, Cultural and Media Studies, Library and Information Management
View the University’s submission and results.