If you are creating video learning materials, keep in mind the following points...
- Can you find a video online which serves your purpose?
Balancing your relationship with the students and the time it takes to create your own videos, it will sometimes be appropriate to create your own and other times be appropriate to link to external content.
- Students need to know why they are watching the video.
- What activity should students undertake after the video? Consider adding a few formative questions after the video for the students to answer.
- Make sure you quality check the video--is the audio quality acceptable? If you are unsure, contact the Digital Skills team .
- Students will be able to re-watch the video as revision.
- What is the shelf-life of your video? Balance that with the time you spend on perfecting details. Student feedback shows they don't mind if you correct yourself occasionally or even pause to deal with a distraction!