The Student Experience, Learning, Teaching and Enhancement Committee is responsible on behalf of Senate for the development, review and implementation of learning and teaching policies and the improvement of the student experience on taught programmes (undergraduate and postgraduate) leading to University credit or qualifications and on pre-sessional English programmes.
1) To determine policy and procedures and oversee arrangements for the quality of the student experience, including the delivery of curriculum, the provision of learning support and the development of the virtual learning environment
2) To monitor student retention, progression, achievement and employability and to determine measures to improve them
3) To determine policy and oversee arrangements for the systematic collection of student feedback and for the monitoring and improvement of student satisfaction with the learning experience
4) To determine and have oversight of the effectiveness and enhancement of mechanisms for student engagement and representation.
5) To provide direction and promote the dissemination of innovation and best practice in learning and teaching
6) To consider and report to Senate on such matters as may be referred to the Committee.
*SELTEC will make recommendations to the Senate on the following.
7) The approval of any major new policy in relation to student experience, learning, teaching and enhancement.
Dean of Students (Chair) 1
Representatives from each School nominated by the Dean of School 2 per School
Student nominees of the Students’ Union Trustee Board 2
Staff elected by and from the academic staff 2
Members of staff co-opted by the Committee
Registrar or nominee 1
University Librarian 1
Head of the Quality and Enhancement Office 1
Director of Associate Director in Student & Academic Support Directorate 1
Serviced by the Quality and Enhancement Office
At least three times per year.
School Quality and Student Experience Committees (reporting also to ASQAC for quality and standards issues)
Student Disciplinary and Student Disciplinary Appeal Panels
Fitness to Practise and Fitness to Practise Appeal Panels
Student Support Funds and Student Support Funds Appeal Panels