The Student Experience, Learning, Teaching and Enhancement Committee is responsible, on behalf of Senate, for the development, review and implementation of learning and teaching policies and the improvement of the student experience on taught programmes (undergraduate and postgraduate) leading to University credit or qualifications and on pre-sessional English programmes.
The University’s Scheme for Academic Governance states that SELTEC’s responsibilities are:
- To determine policy and procedures and oversee arrangements for the quality of the student experience, including the delivery of curriculum, the provision of learning support and the development of the virtual learning environment.
- To monitor student retention, progression, achievement and employability and to determine measures to improve them.
- To determine policy and oversee arrangements for the systematic collection of student feedback and for the monitoring and improvement of student satisfaction with the learning experience.
- To determine and have oversight of the effectiveness and enhancement of mechanisms for student engagement and representation.
- To provide direction and promote the dissemination of innovation and best practice in learning and teaching.
- To consider and report to Senate on such matters as may be referred to the Committee.
SELTEC makes recommendations to the Senate on the following.
*The approval of any major new policy in relation to student experience, learning, teaching and enhancement.
Click here for the full Terms of Reference and Membership.
Secretary to SELTEC
Helen Sharman, email: email@example.com (0161 29)56879
Papers for consideration by the Committee must reach the Secretary at least two weeks in advance of the meeting at which they are to be considered.
Minutes of Meetings
Minutes of past SELTEC meetings are available for download
Dates of SELTEC meetings for academic year 2017/18
15 November 2017
14 February 2018
16 May 2018
SELTEC dates are included in the University of Salford Almanac available to all staff.