Senior Leader (The Salford MBA) Degree Apprenticeship
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
The cost of the apprenticeship will be covered by your employer and/or the Government. You will need to cover the cost of any study materials plus travel to and from campus if required. Please note, due to the nature of apprenticeships and how they are funded (by the government and the employer), apprentices will not be eligible for student finance - this includes tuition fee loans and maintenance loans.
Start Dates(s): September; January; June
The apprenticeship programme will be delivered across 2.5 years with a minimum of 20% off the job training.
- Fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) – one of only 43 in UK and 2% of Universities world-wide
- Small cohort sizes provide a supportive and collaborative learning environment
- The Degree Apprenticeship route will allow you to work and study for your degree at the same time as well as taking advantage of employer and government funding.
- A part-time only course
This is a degree apprenticeship programme - you must be employed full-time in a relevant role in order to undertake this apprenticeship.
The Salford MBA (Master of Business Administration) is our flagship programme, a fully AMBA accredited degree that concentrates on developing the wide ranging leadership and business management skills that you need to thrive at a senior level, whatever sector you work in. The AMBA accreditation is your guarantee of the quality of the programme, the teaching and the outcomes.
Studying on the Salford MBA programme means you are part of a small student cohort who work together in a supportive and collaborative environment where academics and students share their learning and build their knowledge.
You will draw on your previous management experience to join in discussion with tutors and fellow students, then use the scholarship and research to reflect your learning back into the workplace. Our broad range of modules and unique business partnerships make this programme an ideal option for ambitious executives who are seeking to improve their knowledge across a full range of advanced skill sets.
The Strategic Leadership Pathway is our generalist career development programme aimed at motivated professionals who wish to broaden their business knowledge and reach for a senior position.
The programme will provide students with an advanced, integrated and applied research informed leadership and management curriculum appropriate to global contemporary business environments. This programme aims to develop students who refl ect on their leadership style and practices and how they contributing to organisational success. Students will be able to contribute strategically to the leadership and management of an organisation from an operations or functional management perspective.
The apprenticeship is a combination of an academic programme and work-based learning. The University is responsible for the degree programme, and the employer is responsible for delivering the work-based learning.
Please note, due to the nature of apprenticeships and how they are funded (by the government and the employer), apprentices will not be eligible for student finance - this includes tuition fee loans and maintenance loans.
"The Salford MBA has completely changed my way of thinking and attitude towards work. It has provided me with a new insight into how to view and run a business from top to bottom and to appreciate all aspects of it."Basil Mohammed, MBA, 2015
The programme will be delivered through a blended delivery model with a mixture of block delivery and online learning.
Modules will be delivered over a 12 week block with students attending taught sessions for 2 days each month.
- Evaluation of microeconomic theory and understanding of the macro-environment.
- Critical analysis of financial data and the impact of financial decision making on stakeholders.
- Evaluation of the principles and practice of financial management.
- Evaluation of existing ideas and themes in the broader field of marketing.
- The synergies between marketing and operations management in order to evaluate critically, the most contemporary frameworks for effective working.
- Analysis of the alternative methods and techniques for marketing and operations in manufacturing, service and international settings.
- Evaluation of theory, behaviour, people management and leadership within an organisational context.
- Critical appraisal of decision making and change management in diverse, complex and multicultural stakeholder contexts.
- Development of evidence-based critical thinking.
You will then study the following module:
This module covers:
- Evaluation of strategic choice framework for successful change.
- Review of leadership principles in a range of organisations and demonstration of leadership skills through reflective analysis.
- Identification and evaluation of the issues that impact strategic decision making.
You will finish your degree with the unique Business Innovation Project
This module enables students to:
- Undertake a rigorous and critical business project either in the UK or overseas.
- Understand and apply theory and practice to business/organisational issues by using appropriate research and problem solving processes.
- Develop and demonstrate critical analysis, rigorous enquiry, clear expression, independent judgement and reflection using relevant theory.