The Salford MBA
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
Start Dates(s): September; January; June
MBA (one year full-time)
The Salford MBA can also be studied on a part-time basis as the Salford Executive MBA.
Part-time - £2,880 per 30 credit module
UK - £17,280
International - £17,280
- Fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Available with unique pathways in Digital Business and Sports Business
- The course is block delivered and there are three entry points per year.
- International students can apply
The Salford MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a fully AMBA accredited degree that concentrates on developing the skills required to operate at senior levels within an organisation.
Our MBA programme is available via three distinct learning pathways; The Salford MBA, MBA: Digital Business and MBA: Sports Business. Each pathway has been formulated in partnership with our leading research centres to impart the latest in academic theory and professional practice.The Salford MBA
Our career development generalist programme for ambitious professionals with significant post-graduation work experience. Draw on your previous management experience to make the most of advanced scholarship and research, then reflect your learning back into the workplace to achieve exceptional professional practice. Ideal for managers with big ambitions and open minds.
Our broad range of modules and unique business partnerships make this programme an ideal option for executives who are seeking to improve their knowledge across a full range of advanced skill sets.The Salford MBA: Digital Business
Meets increasing demand for digitally savvy business executives who can operate seamlessly in today’s digitised global business environment. Ideal for managers who want to take advantage of the growing digital skills gap. The programme is an opportunity for senior managers to learn the strategic skills that will facilitate informed decision making in the face of a rapidly changing technological and economical landscape.The Salford MBA: Sports Business
This MBA option has been developed by the University’s respected research Centre for Sports Business, for executives working within the sports and related industries. Ideal for managers who aspire to work at the highest levels in the sports industry.
It provides a mix of modules that develop business administration skills, taking advantage of the University’s position at the heart of the North West. BBC Sport is a neighbour of the University at MediaCityUK and two of the biggest brands in world football – Manchester United and Manchester City – are on our doorstep.
Find out more about our MBA programme with our MBA brochure.
"The Salford MBA has completely changed my way of thinking and attitude towards work. It has provided me with a new insight into how to view and run a business from top to bottom and to appreciate all aspects of it."Basil Mohammed, MBA, 2015
The course is block delivered and there are three entry points per year. Students will take the modules below in a sequence dependent on their start date.
- Evaluation of microeconomic theory and understanding of the macro-environment.
- Critical analysis of financial data and the impact of financial decision making on stakeholders.
- Evaluation of the principles and practice of financial management.
- Evaluation of existing ideas and themes in the broader field of marketing.
- The synergies between marketing and operations management in order to evaluate critically, the most contemporary frameworks for effective working.
- Analysis of the alternative methods and techniques for marketing and operations in manufacturing, service and international settings.
- Evaluation of theory, behaviour, people management and leadership within an organisational context.
- Critical appraisal of decision making and change management in diverse, complex and multicultural stakeholder contexts.
- Development of evidence-based critical thinking.
You will then choose one of the following modules dependent on the pathway you have chosen
This module covers:
- Evaluation of strategic choice framework for successful change.
- Review of leadership principles in a range of organisations and demonstration of leadership skills through reflective analysis.
- Identification and evaluation of the issues that impactstrategic decision making.
This module covers:
- Examination of current and future trends, including innovative and disruptive technologyies, and how these help to deliver competetive advantages in digital business.
- Analysis of the inter-relationships that exist between multiple stakeholders and digital communication approaches in national and international markets.
- Awareness of complex business situations and how to apply informed decision making.
This module covers:
- Development of management capabilities in the global sports business environment.
- Understanding and articulating key issues contributing to the effective operation of sports business organisations.
- Utilising sports business analytics as a tool for improved decision making.
You will finish your programme with the unique Business Innovation Live Project (BILP)
This module enables students to:
- Undertake a rigorous and critical business project either in the UK or overseas.
- Understand and apply theory and practice to business/organisational issues by using appropriate research and problem solving processes.
- Develop and demonstrate critical analysis, rigorous enquiry, clear expression, independent judgement and reflection using relevant theory.
Find out more about our MBA programme with our MBA programme.