Senior Leader (MBA Executive Education) Degree Apprenticeship
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
The cost of the apprenticeship will be covered by your employer and/or the Government. You will need to cover the cost of any study materials plus travel to and from campus if required. Please note, due to the nature of apprenticeships and how they are funded (by the government and the employer), apprentices will not be eligible for student finance - this includes tuition fee loans and maintenance loans.
Start Dates(s): September; January; June
The apprenticeship programme will be delivered across 2.5 years with a minimum of 20% off the job training.
- Fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) – one of only 43 in UK and 2% of Universities world-wide
- Small cohort sizes provide a supportive and collaborative learning environment
- The Degree Apprenticeship route will allow you to work and study for your degree at the same time as well as taking advantage of employer and government funding.
- A part-time only course
The Executive Education Leadership MBA has been designed to equip experienced education managers with the knowledge and skills required to lead a modern academy or group of academies. The programme will provide students with an understanding of operational and marketing issues that face those who lead and manage academies. Graduates will obtain an MBA Executive Education Leadership award. In addition, successful completion of the apprenticeship will require the apprentice to pass an ‘end point assessment’ (EPA) which ensures their suitability and competency for the role.
The apprenticeship is a combination of an academic programme and work-based learning. The University is responsible for the degree programme, and the employer is responsible for delivering the work-based learning.
Please note, due to the nature of apprenticeships and how they are funded (by the government and the employer), apprentices will not be eligible for student finance - this includes tuition fee loans and maintenance loans.
The programme will be delivered through a blended delivery model with a mixture of block delivery and online learning.
Modules will be delivered over a 12 week block with students attending taught sessions for 2 days each month.
- Evaluation of microeconomic theory and understanding of the macro-environment.
- Critical analysis of financial data and the impact of financial decision making on stakeholders.
- Evaluation of the principles and practice of financial management.
- Evaluation of existing ideas and themes in the broader field of marketing.
- The synergies between marketing and operations management in order to evaluate critically, the most contemporary frameworks for effective working.
- Analysis of the alternative methods and techniques for marketing and operations in manufacturing, service and international settings.
- Evaluation of theory, behaviour, people management and leadership within an organisational context.
- Critical appraisal of decision making and change management in diverse, complex and multicultural stakeholder contexts.
- Development of evidence-based critical thinking.
You will then study the following module:
- This module covers:
- leading and managing organisational change in response to contemporary issues.
- evaluation of the various factors - political, economic, social, cultural and technological - that influence academy/school leaders in developing, implementing and reviewing strategic and operational goals.
- the impact of sustainability, ethics and corporate social responsibility within an academy/school context and the application of business analytics within an academy/school leadership context.
You will finish your degree with the unique Business Innovation Project
This module enables students to:
- Undertake a rigorous and critical business project either in the UK or overseas.
- Understand and apply theory and practice to business/organisational issues by using appropriate research and problem solving processes.
- Develop and demonstrate critical analysis, rigorous enquiry, clear expression, independent judgement and reflection using relevant theory.