Senior Leader Executive Education (blended learning)
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
Start Date(s): September; January; June
MBA (one year full-time)
The Salford MBA can also be studied on a part-time basis as the Salford Executive MBA.
2019-20 fees will be displayed shortly.
UK - £17,550
- The course is taught via blended delivery, a mix of online lectures, online seminars and face to face teaching on campus
- Designed specifically to develop the business management skills of experienced education managers
- Fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) – one of only 43 in UK and 2% of Universities world-wide
The Education Leadership MBA has been designed to equip experienced education managers with the knowledge and skills required to lead a modern academy or group of academies. The programme will give you an understanding of operational and marketing issues that face those who lead and manage academies. Fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the AMBA accreditation is your guarantee of the quality of the programme, the teaching and the outcomes.
The Education Leadership programme has been designed for experienced education managers to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to lead a modern academy or group of academies. You will study the three core modules that make up the Salford MBA; the fourth module, Executive Education, is a specialist module that looks at contemporary issues in Education management.
Delivered in a blended format, this programme combines online and on campus study and includes a work-based consultancy project and an international study visit. You will draw on your previous management experience to join in online and face to face discussion with tutors and fellow students, then use the scholarship and research to reflect your learning back into the workplace. Our broad range of modules and unique business partnerships make this programme an ideal option for ambitious executives who are seeking to improve their knowledge across a full range of advanced skill sets.
For two days each month, you will come to Salford for intensive study. During this face to face time on campus, you will meet both academics and fellow students. While here, you will follow a study programme but this is also your opportunity to share your experiences, learn from your peers and develop your professional network in a supportive and collaborative environment.
You may also be interested in the The Salford MBA:Strategic Leadership pathway which is our generalist career development programme aimed at motivated professionals whatever sector they work in, who wish to broaden their business knowledge and reach for a senior position.
"The Salford MBA has completely changed my way of thinking and attitude towards work. It has provided me with a new insight into how to view and run a business from top to bottom and to appreciate all aspects of it."Basil Mohammed, MBA, 2015
The MBA is delivered in a blended format taught in four 15-week modules plus a work-based project and an overseas study visit. For each of the four modules, you will attend online lectures and seminars supported by six compulsory days (two per month) on campus at Salford. In addition, you will be expected to undertake independent study and project work in your own time with online support through the University's virtual learning environment, Blackboard.
You’ll finish your year with a three to six month work-based consultancy project based around an issue within either your own or another organisation. In April, you will have a 1 week overseas study visit (in 2018, this was in Colombia – see what our students said about the visit ) with an intensive schedule of visits to range of organisations who are implementing the theories and practices you are learning.
There is a series of out-of-the-classroom activities such as company visits and guest speakers which help you to develop your professional network.
- Evaluation of microeconomic theory and understanding of the macro-environment.
- Critical analysis of financial data and the impact of financial decision making on stakeholders.
- Evaluation of the principles and practice of financial management.
- Evaluation of existing ideas and themes in the broader field of marketing.
- The synergies between marketing and operations management in order to evaluate critically, the most contemporary frameworks for effective working.
- Analysis of the alternative methods and techniques for marketing and operations in manufacturing, service and international settings.
- Evaluation of theory, behaviour, people management and leadership within an organisational context.
- Critical appraisal of decision making and change management in diverse, complex and multicultural stakeholder contexts.
- Development of evidence-based critical thinking.
This module covers:
- leading and managing organisational change in response to contemporary issues.
- evaluation of the various factors - political, economic, social, cultural and technological - that influence academy/school leaders in developing, implementing and reviewing strategic and operational goals.
- the impact of sustainability, ethics and corporate social responsibility within an academy/school context. application of business analytics within an academy/school leadership context.
You will finish your degree with the unique Business Innovation Project
This module enables students to:
- Undertake a rigorous and critical business project either in the UK or overseas.
- Understand and apply theory and practice to business/organisational issues by using appropriate research and problem solving processes.
- Develop and demonstrate critical analysis, rigorous enquiry, clear expression, independent judgement and reflection using relevant theory.