Palliative and End of Life Care
Level 6 (20 credits) and Level 7 (30 credits)
School - School of Health Sciences
Subject area - Health and Wellbeing
Start Dates(s): February
Level 6 module (20 credits) and Level 7 (30 credits)
Part-time - £1,230 per 30 credit module
- Develop and enhance your knowledge of palliative and end of life care
- Through reflection on practice, develop your skills to deliver palliative and end of life care in varying situations
- Create a PDP which focuses on the development needs to enhance your role as an effective Palliative and End of Life Care Practitioner
- A part-time only course
The module is designed to help you to understand the concepts of palliative and end of life care across all fields of practice and disease boundaries as well looking at this area from a broad perspective whilst trying to provide an innovative approach to teaching and learning.
Module learning outcomes:
- Explore the philosophical and organisational development of palliative and end of life care (EoLC)
- Appraise the contribution of different disciplines, organisations and agencies and how effective collaborative working can enhance end of life care.
- Demonstrate awareness of and skill in therapeutic communication around the end of life.
- Display an understanding of psychosocial and spiritual health and how the concept of loss impacts on an individuals wellbeing.
- Evaluate the legal, ethical and clinical issues influencing care at the end of life.
- Demonstrate understanding of the core elements of holistic assessment and symptom management in relation to end of life care.