Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)
School - School of Health and Society
Subject area - Radiography and Occupational Therapy
Start Date(s): September
2019-20 fees will be displayed shortly.
Full-time - £9,000 Home/EU
- Accelerated pre-registration programme to prepare you to enter the workplace
- Gain an academic qualification and eligibility to apply for licence to practice with the HCPC
- Clinical placement opportunity
- International students can apply
Please note that this course is subject to HCPC approval and RCOT accredition.
This accelerated programme will provide you with a master's level academic qualification together with eligibility to apply for licence to practice which is a pre-requisite for registration to the Health and Care Professions Council.
This programme offers you the opportunity to become occupational therapy practitioners at the forefront of occupational therapy. This will be achieved by developing a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current challenges and developments in the field of occupational therapy.
Over the two years, you will engage with four modules and four practice placements as detailed below.
The four modules studied on this course are:
Theory and Practice
- To enable you to recognise, apply and critically evaluate the core knowledge, skills and values of an occupational therapist.
- To understand the need to respect and uphold, the rights, dignity, values, and autonomy of service users
- To enable you to engage in a variety of placement experiences in order to apply and develop learning and expertise
People as Occupational Beings
- To enable you to gain a critical knowledge of basic sciences and their relevance to human occupation.
- To enable you to gain a critical knowledge of occupations and occupational performance across the lifespan.
- To provide you with the opportunity to volunteer in a relevant service
Theory and Practice 2
- To identify current issues relevant to occupational therapy and critically evaluate their accommodation/implementation in practice.
- To explore the theoretical relationship between occupation, health and wellbeing within the context of models of practice and evaluate the application of the models.
- To demonstrate the ability to apply and evaluate a range of evidenced based occupational therapy strategies.
Ready for Practice
- To apply the philosophy, core values and skills of occupational therapy to service development, delivery and practice.
- To learn from and with other learners from relevant professions
- To reflect on personal and professional development and prepare for employment