School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
Start Dates(s): September; January; March; June; November; July
MSc (one year full-time or two years part-time)
PgDip (eight months full-time or two years part-time)
PgCert (four months full-time, one year part-time)
Part-time - £1,417 per 30 credit module
UK - £8,500
International - £13,500
Full-time PgDip - £5,670 (full-time); £2,835 (part-time)
- Enhance your employability with specialist and in-demand marketing skills on this CIM-approved and accredited course
- Develop your expertise in search and social media marketing
- Put marketing theory into real practice with an exciting Business Innovation Project
- Part-time study option
- Overseas study available
- Work/industrial placement opportunity
- International students can apply
This programme is suspended for June and July entry. There are still places on our March and September courses.
This course will equip you with the latest marketing knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today’s demanding global economy.
During your time with us, you’ll examine products and services which are highly desirable to consumers, while running real-life campaigns in search and social media marketing to establish appropriate pricing and presentation. This is a research-informed programme with a highly practical slant.
On completion of the course, you will be in a strong position to take advantage of a wide range of managerial career opportunities.
Follow us @SalfordBizSch using #passion4digital.
The course also offers a distance learning option through our official partner Robert Kennedy College, Zurich, Switzerland.
The programme is block delivered and there are six entry points per year. Students will take the modules below in a sequence dependent on their start date.
Business Innovation Project (BIP)
Flexible final study options
Salford Business School has one of the most flexible suites of post-graduate taught programmes in the UK.
For the final third of your studies you can choose from 4 differing pathways, all of which are designed to accommodate your career aspirations and enhance your professional practice:
- Dissertation – traditional 3 month research pathway.
- Live Project – 3 month group project activity researching a commercial project.
- Internship – 3 month opportunity to develop your skills working in partnership with an organisation.
- Placement – 6 month paid work experience implementing a commercial project.
The dissertation can be undertaken within a company, a sponsoring organisation, or investigate an area which is of interest to you. Study is undertaken in the UK, or sometimes overseas – some international students may possibly return to their country to work on an industrial research project.
- 3 month research project culminating in a 12-15,000 word dissertation
- Topics can be undertaken in a number of areas:
- personal interest in a topic area which supports your career aspirations.
- an academic’s research area which explores challenging developments in the supervisor’s area of expertise.
- in partnership with a company or sponsoring company.
- an entrepreneurial opportunity, particularly suitable if you wish to research your own business opportunity.
- 3 month commercial research project.
- Group presentation and executive report, coupled with an individual 8-10,000 word report.
- 1 to 3 month commercial project, undertaken full or part-time with the host company.
- Internships are often voluntary positions providing interesting project experience, some positions are paid – potentially up to 86 UNITE Projects are available in 2013-14.
- 30-40 minute commercial presentation and 10,000 word professional dissertation.
- 4 to 6 month work based project undertaken at the organisations premises.
- Assessment consist portfolio of work, visitor assessment, presentation and interim report, culminating in a work related dissertation of 10,000 words.
- Placements can be undertaken in the UK or overseas.
- Students can undertake placements with their sponsor or employing organisation.
- For international students placements are 6 months maximum due to visa restrictions.
- For home/EU students, placements can possibly be extended to 12 months.
- The salary range for placements range from £14,320 to £25,000 pro rata – the average is £19,555 pro rata.
If you are on the part-time course, you will be able to register for individual modules as part of CPD. The following example shows how the course could be taken on a part-time basis over two years:
Year 1- Semester 1Marketing Services and Management
Search and Social Media Marketing
Contemporary Issues in Consumer Research
Year 2 - Semester 1Marketing International Business: Branding, Communication and Relationships
Semesters 2 & 3
Business Innovation Project