Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Disorders - Single module
Level 7 (30 credits)
School - School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work
Subject area - Nursing
Start Dates(s): September
Part-time - £1,230 per 30 credit module
- To enable students to apply the relevant concepts, knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to professionally care for a patient with inflammatory bowel disease, utilising relevant up-to-date evidence
- Build upon practitioners’ knowledge and skills to enable a critical evaluation of issues related to inflammatory bowel disease
- Delivered by staff who are subject experts in their field
- A part-time only course
You can take this course as a single module for continuing professional development or as part of the full PgCert Gastrointestinal Disorders programme.
On successful completion the student will be able to:
- Assimilate, synthesize, and systematically apply the relevant physiological mechanisms that underpin inflammatory bowel disease and the related anatomical and physiological processes.
- Critically appraise the assessment tools used in clinical practice for inflammatory bowel disease to enable a critical evaluation and reflection.
- Critically appraise developments in the practice and treatment available for inflammatory bowel disease.
- Identify, critically appraise, and synthesize the legal and professional issues ensuring accountable practice in respect of the approaches to the education and counselling of patients.