School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
Start Dates(s): September; January; March; June; November; July
MSc (one year full-time or two years part-time)
PgDip (eight months full-time or two years part-time)
PgCert (four months full-time or one year part-time)
UK - £8,500
International - £13,500
- Enhance your career prospects with an excellent masters qualification specialising in global business and management
- Build on existing management skills to strengthen your personal performance and benefit your organisation
- Put global management theory into real practice with an exciting Business Innovation Project
- Part-time study option
- Work/industrial placement opportunity
- International students can apply
This course is designed for graduates from a non-business discipline wanting to develop their skills and knowledge in order to become a successful manager in a global business organisation.
You will learn about and critically evaluate evidence-based best practice to inform and improve your own skills.
If you are already working as a manager, you will seriously enhance your capabilities, improve your career prospects, and achieve a highly-regarded management qualification.You may also choose to take advantage a blended distance learning opportunity, available through our official partner - Robert Kennedy College - in Zurich, Switzerland.
96% of our Business postgraduates go on to employment and/or further study within six months of graduating.DLHE 2010
The programme is block delivered and there are six entry points per year. Students will take the modules below in a sequence dependent on their start date.
Business Innovation Project (BIP)
Flexible final study options
Salford Business School has one of the most flexible suites of post-graduate taught programmes in the UK.
For the final third of your studies you can choose from 4 differing pathways, all of which are designed to accommodate your career aspirations and enhance your professional practice:
- Dissertation – traditional 3 month research pathway.
- Live Project – 3 month group project activity researching a commercial project.
- Internship – 3 month opportunity to develop your skills working in partnership with an organisation.
- Placement – 6 month paid work experience implementing a commercial project.
The dissertation can be undertaken within a company, a sponsoring organisation, or investigate an area which is of interest to you. Study is undertaken in the UK, or sometimes overseas – some international students may possibly return to their country to work on an industrial research project.
- 3 month research project culminating in a 12-15,000 word dissertation
- Topics can be undertaken in a number of areas:
- personal interest in a topic area which supports your career aspirations.
- an academic’s research area which explores challenging developments in the supervisor’s area of expertise.
- in partnership with a company or sponsoring company.
- an entrepreneurial opportunity, particularly suitable if you wish to research your own business opportunity.
- 3 month commercial research project.
- Group presentation and executive report, coupled with an individual 8-10,000 word report.
- 1 to 3 month commercial project, undertaken full or part-time with the host company.
- Internships are often voluntary positions providing interesting project experience, some positions are paid – potentially up to 86 UNITE Projects are available in 2013-14.
- 30-40 minute commercial presentation and 10,000 word professional dissertation.
- 4 to 6 month work based project undertaken at the organisations premises.
- Assessment consist portfolio of work, visitor assessment, presentation and interim report, culminating in a work related dissertation of 10,000 words.
- Placements can be undertaken in the UK or overseas.
- Students can undertake placements with their sponsor or employing organisation.
- For international students placements are 6 months maximum due to visa restrictions.
- For home/EU students, placements can possibly be extended to 12 months.
- The salary range for placements range from £14,320 to £25,000 pro rata – the average is £19,555 pro rata.