Therapeutic Stock Footwear
Early Bird Discount Offer
10% off for a limited time only. Use Discount code EARLY10 when booking online.
The aim of the Therapeutic Stock Footwear course is to provide podiatrists with the knowledge and skills to proficiently assess, fit and evaluate patients for therapeutic stock footwear.
This 3-day course is taught through lectures, interactive sessions, and workshops with patients. It also features a visit to a local manufacturing company.
On completion of the taught element, the students will complete 12 months’ supervision/mentorship with an HCPC registered orthotist or a podiatrist.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Therapeutic Stock Footwear Course: Further Information
The course consists of 3 days attendance at the University of Salford for the taught element (lectures, interactive sessions, workshops with patients and a visit to a local manufacturing company).
This diverse range of teaching approaches has been chosen as being applicable for the both the acquisition of the underpinning knowledge and practical skills necessary to meet the learning objectives. The students are also provided with pre-course learning.
On completion of the taught element, the students complete 12 months supervision/ mentorship by an HCPC registered orthotist or a podiatrist (who has completed the course previously and is registered with SCP). The assessment is a portfolio of practice base cases. Upon successful completion of the Therapeutic Stock Footwear course, a certificate is issued by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
Suitable for health professionals including chiropodists, podiatrists and orthotists, lectures and workshops will cover:
- Footwear construction and manufacturing techniques including materials and adaptations
- Structured patient assessment and rationale for footwear choices
- Evidence for, and the impact of footwear on foot health
- Patient behaviour with footwear/patient practitioner interaction
- Measuring techniques/fitting considerations
- Problem solving/reflective practice
- Technological advances in footwear design/manufacture and evaluation
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
By the end of the Therapeutic Stock Footwear course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate holistic patient centred assessment and evaluation of patient suitability for stock footwear
- Demonstrate an ability to accurately measure the feet using a standard stick and tape measure (and gain an appreciation of foot scanning technologies)
- Demonstrate and justify the choice of footwear manufacturer, features and style in relation to the measurements and the presenting foot problems
- Describe and justify the use of modifications to stock footwear where appropriate
- Detail accurate and appropriate ordering instructions
- Demonstrate a systematic and thorough ability to accurately fit therapeutic stock footwear and evaluate the fitting points in relation to the footwear and the patients feedback
- Demonstrate an ability to accurately record the patient assessment and evaluation in the patient’s clinical documentation
- Demonstrate an ability to reflect on the process and outcome and solve any problems