Curriculum: Theory, concepts and influences
An opportunity for those with responsibility for curriculum planning and development to explore some of the underpinning theories and concepts of curriculum and examine their own role in shaping it.
What actually is curriculum? Although the concept of a curriculum in schools or colleges is not new, the ways in which it is theorised and understood have been subject to considerable scholarly debate. For many educators the gap between theory and practice can seem distance, yet quality leadership in the complex process of curriculum design necessitates having a thorough understanding of curriculum theory. This can offer educators a set of conceptual tools for analysing curriculum proposals, illuminating practice and navigating continual changes in the educational field. Exploring theory alongside the curriculum planning process can thus be of value to a range of educational practitioners.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Curriculum can be designed, delivered and experienced in a variety of different ways. The session(s) offers an opportunity for participants to explore theories, concepts and values underpinning the curriculum and consider these in relation to their own curriculum contexts. Participants will be encouraged to relate this to their professional roles in order to make more informed choices in the development and planning of the curriculum.
- Introduction to curriculum: definitions of curriculum
- Curriculum influences 1: Professional roles and values
- Curriculum models: product, process and alternative models
12 noon - Lunch
1pm - 4pm (refreshment break at 2pm) #
- Curriculum influences 2: Economic, historical, social
- Hidden curriculum
Curriculum Development: application of learning
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- Participants will develop understanding of curriculum models and influences
- Participants will critically examine their own roles and values in relation to curriculum
- Participants will explore their learning in the context of their own curriculum development
Who should attend?
Middle and Senior leaders with responsibility for curriculum leadership and development.