Sarah Key's Problem Back Masterclasses Level 1 & 2 (Abu Dhabi)
This highly comprehensive insight into lower back pain treatment and management, from expert Sarah Key, is delivered over theory webinars and 2-day practical sessions.
Physiotherapists are at the coalface in dealing with lower back pain management. Yet with different syllabi, undergraduate training and post-graduate experience it’s often the luck of the draw how competent (and effective) you are. It’s fairly common for all professionals to feel daunted when facing a patient with acute back pain, or dealing with somebody who’s been everywhere and tried everything with their back.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Sarah Key’s Problem Back Master Classes Level 1&2
This intensive exposure to the Sarah Key lower back pain management method provides a wide and highly comprehensive insight into the clinical management of lower back pain. Levels 1 and 2 are run together and must be completed before the practical workshop.
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
In the theory portion of the course, delivered via webinars, students will become explore:
- Brief recap of spinal anatomy and biomechanics
- The possible rationale behind the stiff spinal segment we feel with our hands
- Facet joint arthropathy where thinning of the disc increases facet joint loading at the same level
- The causes of acute locked back from reduced disc pressure and muscle imbalance
- How true disc prolapse results from reduced proteoglycans concentration and annular break-up
- Segmental instability develops from nuclear degradation and facet breakdown ~ articular triad
- To bend or not to bend
- The biomechanics of sitting
- The importance of spinal decompression
In the 2-day practical back pain remedy workshop students will learn:
- Advanced diagnostic ‘feel’ through manual palpation
- Using the heel to mobilise the spine
- Important features of MRIs from the clinician’s perspective
- Advanced clinical reasoning and making a diagnosis
- History taking and writing a treatment summary
- The many aspects of healing and patient recovery
- Taking control of the treatment with ‘a difficult back’
- Self-treatment spinal decompression techniques
- How to run a spinal decompression class
The Sarah Key Problem Back Master Classes Level 1&2 are designed to provide insight into lower back pain treatment and management.
Who should attend?
The course will benefit mid-senior executives and managers who oversee risk and crisis management within organisations. You will also benefit if you are a manager who wants to gain a deeper understanding of risk and crisis in your organisation.