Salford Orthopaedic Sport Series: Management of Musculoskeletal Injures in Cycling
Thanks to the success of Birtish Cycling and Team Sky over the past 10 years there has been a significant increase in cycling participation. As the sport has grown the incidence of medical professional dealing with cycling related injuries has increased accordingly.
This course brings the leading practitioners and researchers in this field together to provide a Bike fit education for medical professionals who treat cycling injuries. The two day program will educate medical professions on the principles of bike fitting in order to manage and prevent cycling injuries.
The course will cover the physical assessment of the cyclist, the interface between the cyclist and bicycle, biomechanical data collection methods, application of the data, current research and trends in cycling injury management, and strength and conditioning to avoid injury and improve performance on the bike.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
At the end of this 2 day course delegates will be have:
- The understanding of cycling injuries and the needs of the cyclist – road vs MTB vs Time Trial vs Triathlon
- Knowledge of assessment of the cyclist on and off the bike
- Knowledge of bike fit and set up
- Knowledge of sport specific technical language
- The understanding of the biomechanics and physiology of cycling