Project Management Skills Workshop
The Project Management Skills workshop provides an opportunity for participants to look at the way they can manage projects to deliver successful change effectively and economically and to provide you with tools and techniques for managing projects of varying size without adding unnecessary time, effort or cost. It is a practical workshop, drawing on the theory and practice of managing and delivering projects, and allows the participants the opportunity of developing their own project plans.
Some essential tools, techniques and proformas will be shared through this project management skills course, which participants can start using immediately. This is a “hands-on” event, a must for any manager or leader wishing to deliver successful change through projects.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Tutor – Chris Procter – Progamme Leader, Project Management (University of Salford)
Chris has been a Senior Lecturer at the University of Salford since 1991 teaching Project Management to MSc students and has been awarded the Vice Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award in 2012 and the Salford Student's Union Best Academic Support award in 2014. Chris Proctor's research interests lie in the practice of teaching and learning in the subject area, Project Management.
Day 1 – Theory of Project Management
Day 1 will look at the theory and project management techniques. Key topics include:
- Understanding Project Management and the Operating Environment
- Understand the Project Life cycle
- Project Management Planning
- Understanding Scheduling and Resource Management
- Understanding Project Quality Management
- Roles and stakeholder
- Key Planning tools
- Scope and Risk Management
- Motivation, leadership and Communication
Day 2 – Application of Project Management
Day 2 will allow you to apply the project management theory, techniques and tools learnt on Day 1 to your own project. This is an opportunity to immediately apply your learning and is ‘hands on’ which oversight from our expert tutor.
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
Learning outcomes of the project management course include:
- Immediately apply theory, techniques and tools to your own project
- Improving knowledge and understanding of project management principle
- Identifying and proactively managing project pitfalls
- Learning how to plan and structure a projects
- Examining some tools and techniques to help manage projects
- Developing strategies to deal with and minimise potential conflict
- Learning through discussion with fellow delegates
- Increase the quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency of your projects
Who should attend?