Preparing for Patient and Public Involvement in Research
Preparing for Patient and Public Involvement in Research is a course designed to help identify good practice principles for the successful involvement of the public in research.
If you’re a novice or intermediate-level clinician or researcher, you’ll benefit from boosting your knowledge level through this course.
Gain further details about this PPI research field training course – simply enquire now.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
In the patient and public involvement (PPI) research field, there is a widely recognised lack of training for both the public and researchers. This course has been devised to help address this need and is aimed at research-aware or active staff wishing to know how they can involve the public in their research endeavours. Future courses will be specifically designed for a public only audience.
Our previous workshops have evaluated 100% ‘excellent’, with feedback as follows:
- “Very enjoyable, informative and thought provoking”
- “All the examples were extremely useful and brought the subject alive. I have learnt a great deal today”
- “Very knowledgeable and engaging facilitator, valuable insight via contributing her own experiences both good/bad”
- The information I got today will help me greatly with my involvement with my PPI group”
The patient and public involvement workshop is aimed at researchers, research managers, clinicians and other staff who consider their public involvement in research knowledge to be at novice or intermediate level.
All dates and locations
During this training course you’ll learn how to:
- Identify good practice principles for successful public involvement in research
- Understand the application of involvement principles in design of research
- Appreciate how to strengthen public involvement aspects of funding applications
- Consider impact of involvement – its ‘measurement’ and how to maximise it
- Explore the realities of public involvement – challenges, benefits, difficulties