Preparing for GDPR: Private Sector
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become UK law in May 2018, introducing much stricter rules for gathering and storing sensitive data as well as increased powers for regulators.
Preparing for GDPR: Private Sector has been designed to be a step by step training course for people who will be responsible for delivering data protection readiness within the their own organisation and is applicable to all industry sectors. Delegates will come away able to confidently identify data types within their organisations, understand the requirements for each of the data types, and support their organisations in implementing the new legislation.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
The GDPR essentials training course has been designed as a step by step training course for people who will be delivering data protection readiness within their organisation.
- Understanding the new privacy law (GDPR) and its possible implications
- Understanding the organisations responsibilities as a Data Controller
- Dealing with Data Processors
- Understanding Data Subject Rights
- Understanding the GDPR Principles
- Understanding legitimate bases for processing
- Identifying Personal data
- Identifying sensitive personal data
- Understanding the impact of GDPR on marketing
- Using the PECR as a basis of contact with existing customers
- Understanding locations and storage methods
- Understanding encryption and its practical uses
- Understanding a data asset register
- Understanding a subject access request
- Understanding a data breach register
- Understanding the process of reporting a breach
Course Tutor - Darren Rose CIPP/E B.Eng.
Darren is our lead privacy consultant who is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and has been providing data handling consultancy and training for over 9 years through his roles as SME Consultant and compliance advisor. Darren also volunteers as a school governor in a primary school and is a member of the head teacher performance review panel.
Understanding the GDPR
Understanding the principles of document management (PIMS) and data security (ISMS)
Mandatory records required under the GDPR accountability framework
Overview of important actions by May 25th.
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
The planned outcome is to enable key individuals to confidently identify data types within their organisation, understand the requirements for each of the data types and support their organisation and fellow colleagues in implementing the new legislation.