Preparing for GDPR: Education
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become UK law in May 2018, introducing much stricter rules for gathering and storing sensitive data as well as increased powers for regulators.
Preparing for GDPR: Education has been designed to be a step by step training course for people who will be responsible for delivering data protection readiness within the education sector, from primary to tertiary level. Delegates will come away able to confidently identify data types within their organisations, understand the requirements for each of the data types, and support their organisations in implementing the new legislation.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Topics to be covered include:
- Understanding the new privacy law (GDPR) and its possible implications
- Understanding the organisations responsibilities as a Data Controller
- Dealing with Data Processors
- Understanding Data Subject Rights
- Understanding the GDPR Principles
- Understanding legitimate bases for processing
- Identifying Personal data
- Identifying sensitive personal data
- Understanding locations and storage methods
- Understanding Personal Information Management Systems (PIMS)
- Understanding Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Understanding Risk, risk registers and risk mitigation
- Understanding encryption and its practical uses
- Understanding a data asset register
- Understanding a privacy impact assessment
- Understanding a subject access request
- Understanding a data breach register
- Understanding the process of reporting a breach to the supervisory authority
- Overview of important actions
Darren Rose B.Eng.
Darren is a lead education consultant who is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and has been providing data handling consultancy and training, to education, for over 9 years through his roles as SIMS Consultant and school compliance advisor. Darren also volunteers as a school governor in a primary school and is a member of the head teacher performance review panel.
Feedback from Darren’s previous sessions includes:
“Very informative session. The trainer showed a detailed knowledge of the regulations and how these will impact on schools”
“…It has raised awareness and already made me think about what I need to do. Also it was good timing as we have a year to implement this which makes it a little less daunting. Darren was also very supportive and helpful; we use scholar pack and not SIMS”
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|