Managing Team and Individual Performance (CMI)
On this development focused day delegates will learn to effectively coach, mentor and develop individuals within their team, using a variety of best practice models and approaches. Coaching and mentoring have been shown to significantly improve individual, team and organisational performance, and are increasingly being adopted by progressive organisations as the preferred methods of leading people.A great coach will empower, support and develop their people, and have a significant, positive impact on their organisation.You will explore great theory, put it into practice in a supervised environment, and receive some developmental, supportive feedback from a professional executive coach.
The CMI Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management has been developed for practicing middle managers, and those new to leadership and aspiring to progress within any organisation. The aim of the programme is to introduce you to cutting edge theory and insights into best practice, and then support you in putting this into practice.
If you complete three of the four below courses and complete an assignment for each course you will receive CMI level 5 qualification
Resilient Leadership (CMI)
Managing Team and Individual Performance (CMI)
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
- Explore the core skills, attributes and behaviours of an effective team leader as a developer of people.
- Examine your own strengths and consider how you can maximise your positive impact before considering any areas for personal development.
- Core skills in communication including appropriate use of language, neurological levels of communication and a range of tools and techniques for ensuring your message is clearly received and understood.
- Explore team briefing as a core management tool and develops skills to make the briefing process fun, engaging, motivational and beneficial to all
- Explores the leader’s role in supporting and developing staff members; identify how performance management processes can effectively support high performance and development.
- Learn and apply some effective coaching techniques, including the GROW model.
- Consider the need for effective performance management regimes and what a meaningful appraisal processes can deliver for the business.
- Undertake practical exercises designed to help managers have difficult conversations and give meaningful feedback.
CMI Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management Key Benefits:
Gain recognition for enhancing your knowledge, understanding and practice of management. Display your post nominal as a commitment to continuous professional development and accomplishment as a manager.
Improve your Management Skills
For managers who want to sharpen their professional edge and enhance their effectiveness, our qualifications, courses, mentoring and unrivalled support resources will be available to you. You can also achieve the ultimate management accolade, Chartered Manager status.
Boost your Career Earnings
Independent research proves that individuals with professional qualifications and membership stand to earn an additional £152,000 throughout their career. You'll also be part of an extensive management community, opening doors for career progression.
Raise your Competence and Confidence
Qualifications equip you to meet daily management challenges in a professional, proficient way. Improving performance and effectiveness at managing people and projects will raise your confidence and ultimately, status in your organisation.
Course Tutor: Alexander Firmin
Alex is a business leadership consultant and trainer.Formerly a British Army officer he undertook several tours of Afghanistan, and worked to establish the first Afghan officer training academy, in Kabul. Since 2012 Alex has been working as a leadership development specialist in a wide range of public, private and third sector organisations.
Over the past two years Alex has delivered training and consultancy projects for Pearson, Zain Bahrain, BT, and several UK Universities. Focussing on strategy and leadership development, Alex has a passion for developing leadership characteristics in people at all levels of their organisation. As a consultant he works closely with teams and individuals to implement new methods of management, and coach them through change.
Alex was delighted to be awarded the ILM ‘Learner of the Year’ title for his work as a developer of young leaders. He holds degrees in Philosophy and Law, and a Masters degree in Training Design and Innovation. Alex is married to Katherine; they have 2 tiny children and a chocolate Labrador.
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|