Leading through Change Workshops with The Pacific Institute: School Leaders
The main aim of any school leader is to develop and maintain an excellent learning environment for pupils by setting high standards across the school’s workforce. However, this can only be achieved and delivered more effectively and efficiently if a school is successfully led at all layers of its organisation and has buy in at all levels, from governors, to teaching and non-teaching staff, and all the way through to the pupils and parents.
Understanding your school, including its workforce and how it operates, is key if you are going to break down silos and barriers and learn how to work cooperatively and collaboratively both within and between your organisations’ to the benefit of those who you serve. Leading through change will help you do just that, and will provide you with the necessary tools that you can take back to your school and implement to the benefit of both the school workforce, governors, pupils and wider community. Delegates will be left with a foundation upon which they can build a leadership framework that can be rolled out more extensively moving forward.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
The modern day school leader is more than an outstanding Head teacher or teacher. Ongoing changes to the English school system, which has seen over half of secondary schools become Academies and Primaries following suit, has demanded that anyone considered or wanting to be considered an effective school leader requires an all encompassing skill set/base, underwritten by credible leadership qualities. Increasing responsibilities alongside growing expectations means that the 21st Century school leader now needs to be business like, influential in the community, whilst simultaneously ensuring that pupil attainment is maintained within acceptable parameters.
In short, school leaders need to be able to unlock potential, transform culture and improve results across both their staff and pupils alike. Leading through Change will give you the confidence to try new and creative approaches, deal with complex leadership situations and provide effective outcomes.
The Organisational Culture Session will focus on the need for a constructive organisational culture and what factors or behaviours hinder this development. Culture is to organisations what personality is to people. Not necessarily visible in the organisation or individual, culture nevertheless has a tremendous impact, both on those concerned and on the results they produce. Using a researched and benchmarked Culture measurement tool, participants will be able to access an easily understandable and measurable picture of how stakeholders view the current culture and how they would like the culture to be.
High Impact leadership
The High Impact leadership session will focus on:
- Understanding how leaders shape the performance of others in their organisation and the impact they have on culture.
- Leaders becoming more self-aware and therefore accepting why and where development is needed.
- The leader’s thought patterns, their impact on their team and identifying new strategies to address these.
- Participants will use a measurement tool to assess their own behaviours and characteristics as these have an impact on their own leadership styles
The Team Effectiveness session focuses on getting individuals, teams and the organisation aligned around a clear and inspiring purpose and vision. The main points to be covered include:
- Being clear and committed on how people want to work together, including the collective leadership impact measures and the desired behaviours necessary to contribute to a constructive organisational culture.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the team’s purpose, including what uniquely makes them a partner of choice.
- Clarifying who their stakeholders are and exploring their needs with them.
- Developing an inspiring and engaging definition of success for the team.
- Taking accountability at the relevant organisational levels for achieving the desired outcomes.
- As a group participants will engage in a team problem-solving exercise and subsequent diagnostic that offers insights into how a group functions
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
Those who attend on these days will return to their workplace with the basic tools that will allow them to:
- Harness the leadership potential and talent you have across the school/s
- Build shared responsibility within a school
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour across all levels of an organisation
- Develop and empower the leadership capacity of colleagues
- Seek to contribute to the leadership process
- Draw upon their values, strengths and abilities to deliver high standards of service
Effective leadership does not happen by chance, it needs to be nurtured. This one day course is aimed at all professionals who want to develop the knowledge, skills and qualities to be an effective leader, and will enable you to:
- Transform service outcomes at a local level
- Understand your organisation and become an effective leader
- Explore the challenges and opportunities to influence behaviour which impacts on key outcomes
Leading through Change: School Leaders, in association with The Pacific Institute is run on a single day with the opportunity to receive additional training.