Leading Change in your University (Amsterdam)
The modern day Higher Education leader needs to be part of the solution to secure a sustainable future for HE. Ongoing reform to the HE system, which has seen the way Universities are funded change dramatically, alongside an increasing expectation for them to add to the growth of the nation, has demanded that anyone considered or wanting to be considered an effective HE leader requires an all-encompassing skill set/base, underwritten by credible leadership qualities.
In short, HE leaders need to be able to unlock potential, transform culture and improve results across both their workforce and students alike. Higher Education Leadership Programme will give you the confidence to try new and creative approaches, deal with complex leadership situations and provide effective outcomes
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
The importance of Education Leadership
Increasing responsibilities alongside growing expectations means that the 21st Higher Education leader now needs to be business like, influential in the community, whilst simultaneously ensuring that both the student experience and attainment levels are maintained within acceptable parameters. One of the main aims of any University is to develop and maintain an excellent learning environment for students by setting high standards across both its professional and teaching workforce. However, this can only be achieved and delivered more effectively and efficiently if a University is successfully led at all layers of its organisation and has buy in at all levels, from Vice Chancellors, to teaching and non-teaching staff, and all the way through to the students and wider community.
Understanding your University, including its workforce and how it operates, is key if you are going to break down silos and barriers and learn how to work cooperatively and collaboratively both across the University and all the other organisations that you regularly engage with. Leading through Change will help you do just that, and will provide you with the necessary tools that you can take back to your University and implement to the benefit of your workforce, students and wider community. Delegates who attend this higher education leadership course will be left with a foundation upon which they can build a leadership framework that can be rolled out more extensively moving forward.
The Leading Through Change: Higher Education Leadership Programme is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and qualities it takes to become an effective leader. Effective leadership does not happen by chance, it needs to be nurtured. This one day course is aimed at all Higher Education staff who want to:
- Transform outcomes across your institution
- Understand your organisation and become an effective leader
- Explore the challenges and opportunities to influence behaviour which impacts on key outcomes
Session 1: Organisational Culture
The Organisational Culture Session will focus on the need for a constructive organisational culture and what factors or behaviours hinder this development. Culture is to organisations what personality is to people. Not necessarily visible in the organisation or individual, culture nevertheless has a tremendous impact, both on those concerned and on the results they produce. Using a researched and benchmarked Culture measurement tool, participants will be able to access an easily understandable and measurable picture of how stakeholders view the current culture and how they would like the culture to be.
Session 2: High Impact leadership
The High Impact leadership session will focus on:
- Understanding how leaders shape the performance of others in their organisation and the impact they have on culture.
- Leaders becoming more self-aware and therefore accepting why and where development is needed.
- The leader’s thought patterns, their impact on their team and identifying new strategies to address these.
- Participants will use a measurement tool to assess their own behaviours and characteristics as these have an impact on their own leadership styles
Session 3: Team Effectiveness
- Being clear and committed on how people want to work together, including the collective leadership impact measures and the desired behaviours necessary to contribute to a constructive organisational culture.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the team’s purpose, including what uniquely makes them a partner of choice.
- Clarifying who their stakeholders are and exploring their needs with them.
- Developing an inspiring and engaging definition of success for the team.
- Taking accountability at the relevant organisational levels for achieving the desired outcomes.
- As a group participants will engage in a team problem-solving exercise and subsequent diagnostic that offers insights into how a group functions
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
Leading through Change: Higher Education Leadership Programme, in association with The Pacific Institute, is run on a single day with the opportunity to receive additional training in line with the demands of your job.
- Harness the leadership potential and talent you have across the University
- Build shared responsibility within a University
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour across all levels of the University
- Develop and empower the leadership capacity of colleagues
- Seek to contribute to the leadership process
- Draw upon their values, strengths and abilities to deliver high standards of service