IoD Leadership for Directors (Certificate Programme) (Salford)
Strong leadership is increasingly fundamental to the successful realisation of an organisation’s vision. This intensive course provides a valuable opportunity for directors to explore strategic leadership issues both within and beyond their organisation.
This module introduces a more personalised approach to leadership and delegates will be encouraged to understand and develop their own self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
This module is one of four training sessions that together make up the IoD Certificate in Company Direction.
We also run this course in the Isle of Man
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Gain an understanding of the key competencies required to be an effective leader at board level with the opportunity to practise and develop some of these competencies.
During the course you will assess different leadership and decision-making techniques, determine how to build and sustain high-performing teams, and evaluate how these can be applied to your own organisation to contribute to its increased success.
Section 1 - What is leadership?
- The personal nature of leadership
- Purpose and values
- Styles of leadership
- Theories and models of leadership
Section 2 - Understanding yourself and others
- Emotional intelligence and influence
- Leadership and the personal brand
- Developing leadership talent
- Motivation and leadership
- Making decisions
Section 3 - Leading teams
- How to construct successful teams
- Team development
- Virtual (dispersed) teams
- The board as a team
- Board dynamics
- Problems in teams
- Challenges to board performance
- Dealing with conflict
- Role of the chair in a high-performing board
Section 4 - Leading your organisation
- Leadership and the board
- Organisational culture
- Responding to risk
- Leading in a crisis
- Leading an ethical organisation
- Innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship
- Leading change
Section 5 - Leading beyond the organisation
- Building relationships and external leadership
- Corporate responsibility and understanding stakeholders
- Organisations, society and the environment
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- Develop an understanding of how leadership can be defined and understood in relation to the director’s role on the board.
- Apply techniques for developing a greater awareness of one-self and of the motivations and behaviours of others
- Create a culture which constructively engages others in the organisation to achieve the strategic objectives, and to respond effectively to crisis and change
- Identify how leaders create influence and impact within and beyond the organisation, and assess relevant stakeholder engagement strategies.