Ethical Leadership in Business
This course has been designed for business leaders and managers who wish to explore the intricacies of the implementation of ethical business practices and sustainable strategies in their organisations. How to link ethics to the organisation’s strategy is surveyed and the key theory and practice concerning ethical leadership is analyzed. Formulating an ethical culture within organisations and how to disseminate and share the material with employees are all aspects of the course. The role of the Internet and global cultural issues are examined and how these can impact on the reputation of a company is reviewed. Multiple case studies and examples are explored and participants will have the opportunity to share and discuss the topics in relation to their own organisational setting.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
The content of a 2 day course include;
- Introduction to Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
- Ethical Leadership
- Ethical Codes of Conduct, design, development and review.
- Global Ethics
- Implementation of the UN Sustainable Development
Chris joined the University of Salford in 2009, as a Lecturer in Human Resource Management and Business Ethics and has taught many HRM and CIPD accredited modules at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Before his appointment he spent over five years as a HR practitioner and coordinator, covering several management and leadership roles.
He completed his PhD in 2014 in a study of the application and development of ethical codes of conduct in small and medium sized organisations.
He has been working on one of the streams implementing the University ICZ strategy and is currently the programme leader for the Law and People management Unit. He supervises a series of PhD students and is heavily involved with the Robert Kennedy residential programme. A further role is North American Coordinator and the development of US/Canadian partners. His research centres on business ethics related areas such as ethical codes of conduct, The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and sustainability practices in Universities. He has recently represented the University of Salford at the annual PRME conference (Principles for Responsible Management Education).
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- To introduce delegates to the differences between the terms, ethics, CSR and Sustainability
- How to introduce and enhance a culture of ethical practice in organisations
- To offer a understanding of codes of conduct, how to design and develop the based on organisation's strategy
- How to be a ethical leader
- A review of several practical organisational examples of ethical leadership and sustainable practice
- How to be an ethical global leader and understand ethical cultural differences
- To introduce the concept of being good is good for business