Crisis PR and Media Training
This Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course is realistic and relevant to the real world of media crisis management and will help you stay in control. Every day we see companies in crisis and managers at the mercy of the media due to product recalls, accidents and scandals. This one-day course will not only provide you with the necessary skills to deal with potentially negative coverage, but hit the headlines for all the right reasons.
This media crisis management course will be delivered by award winning journalists who are also trained professionals in reputation management, crisis PR and presentation skills. They have over forty years’ experience and will provide expert guidance, practical solutions and presentation skills so that organisations can shine in the glare of media attention and stay calm under pressure.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Having the necessary skills to handle the media in a crisis is vital if you want to promote and protect your company’s reputation. A crisis mishandled can prove extremely damaging to your business.
Finding yourself in the middle of a media meltdown, knowing what to do and how to think on your feet will help you to both promote and protect your business. In this fast-moving world of news reporting it is imperative senior spokespeople are professionally trained to handle press interviews and equipped with the skills necessary to limit the damage of a negative story and maintain ‘the message’.
What’s on Offer
- Our award winning journalists are experts in their field and have a proven track record of success advising the FTSE100 top companies in the North West, the public sector and smaller organisations on effective reputation management.
- A unique insight into tough questioning techniques and how to deflect and protect your company’s reputation in a media crisis.
- Our media training courses give everyone who is likely to deal with the press the skills, knowledge and confidence to handle enquiries and interviews positively.
- Expert trainers will advise how to structure effective key messages and develop a powerful communications and crisis management strategy.
- Every delegate will receive a training pack, which acts as a guide throughout the training course and as a reference tool for the future.
- Each delegate will receive a DVD of their TV interview, a follow up evaluation critique and a certificate of participation.
Tutor - Paul Lockitt
Paul Lockitt is one of Bauer Academy’s most experienced skills training coaches with more than twenty-six years’ experience in presenting and broadcast journalism at Key 103, Sky TV and Granada TV in addition to ten years lecturing at various universities and colleges.
Among his regular and recent coaching clients are; the organisation which owns Primark, Price Waterhouse Cooper, the NHS, politicians, private sector professionals and leading university academics.
Paul came to broadcasting from a theatrical background having started on stage at the age of 13 with the Manchester Youth Theatre. During his career Paul has won the Sky/ITN National News Presenter Award no less than five times and has also been honoured for his talents at the New York Radio Festival and the UK O2 Media Awards.
Paul is in great demand to host lectures and workshops in presenting, journalism and voice coaching whether for students or senior executives. He has also chaired questions and answer sessions on stage with high ranking politicians including the former Prime Ministers David Cameron and Gordon Brown and the former Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg.
Coffee & Refreshments
Course Introduction for the workshop including an overview of the day and its objectives
Bad News Days - an interactive video presentation using recent examples. Discussion and critique of the news-maker’s performances, including:
Crisis News Statements
Interview Technique’ - Hints and Tips for meeting the media en-masse in Session Two
Interview Technique’ continued - Summary and Feedback
Turning Up the Heat - Press Conference Technique’
Press Conference Critique and Summary
Crisis Communication Plans
Questions and Feedback
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to protect your business, reputation and stakeholders, including:
- A unique insight into tough questioning techniques and how to deflect and protect your company.
- The importance of developing a powerful communications management strategy.
- Help shield your organisation from a four-pronged attack by TV, radio, print and social media.
- Understanding how the media operates and use it to your advantage.