Certificate in Executive Business Administration (CEBA)
Our Advanced management Programme is a gateway to a full MBA – Delivered by the University of Salford’s Business School, Business School of the Year 2014
The programme is designed for senior managers, middle managers aspiring for senior roles and directors from all functions across industry.
This programme is ideal for executives seeking to improve their knowledge across a wide spread of advanced skill sets. It offers delegates a challenging and rewarding experience that will equip them with the advanced skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen profession.
Helping you take your career to the next level and giving you maximum impact on your career with minimum time away from the workplace.
We also run this course in London
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
About the Salford Business School Certificate in Executive Business Administration
The Certificate in Executive Business Administration programme has been developed by Salford Business School (SBS) to meet the demands of today’s current and aspiring global business leaders. It will give professionals a strong understanding of the core business principles and the skills required to be successful in business and beyond.
Blending academic principles and practical insights to provide a deep insight into the professional environment and specifically to engender the key skills that employers look for in their senior management.
How will I benefit?
Executives and Managers of all levels often use this programme as a springboard since it focuses on the key four pillars of today's business; strategy, marketing, finance and human resources. It has been designed to foster a broad range of business skills that are in high demand across all areas of industry. Delegates will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and tools to operate effectively in today’s rapidly changing global business environment.
This course will leave delegates with the confidence to implement key business skills, helping them to excel in their professional life and adding significant value to their current employers/businesses.
Why choose CEBA?
The SBS CEBA programme is highly participative, focusing on real business and industry issues. The programme is designed to give you a critical understanding of the key competency areas required for success within business – enabling you to make more informed and commercially viable strategic decisions. Through business simulation techniques you’ll maximise competency development and ensure any ideas on strategic implementation can be tested and appraised.
Course themes and topics
The course has two main themes – ‘Managing the competitive environment’ and ‘Managing organisational resource’:
Managing the Competitive Environment: This module aims to develop knowledge of the major areas of business external to organisations and to develop an understanding of how such aspects can influence senior management strategic decision making. As such, the relationships and interdependencies of strategic management, marketing and economics, and how these are key to managing a successful organisation are considered and analysed.
Managing the Organisational Resource: This module aims to develop knowledge of the major areas of business which underpin the internal configuration and management of organisations. As such, the relationships and interdependencies between the key areas of Human Resource Management, Organisation Theory, Finance and Operations Management are analysed in order to develop a holistic understanding of general management within the contemporary organisation.
Do I have the right profile?
Participants typically have at least four or more years of work experience and tend to be mid to upper level managers (with or without direct reports), coming from every discipline, size and type of organisation, including private companies, not-for-profits and government services. Note that participants will be joined in groups with peers with different expertise to maximise learning exchanges.
Do I need qualifications to enrol?
CEBA is open to all levels of experience and will include participants with a diverse range of professional backgrounds including engineering, project management, human resources, operations, sales and many more. A Bachelor or MBA degree is not a prerequisite for enrolment, and some find this programme an excellent refresher course for a degree past 7 years.
What is the homework load?
As the programme is run over an intensive 5 days, whilst home work may be required during the period it is taking place, there will be no subsequent requirements that will eat into your valuable time.
How challenging is CEBA?
The emphasis is on helping you reach your peak of excellence and accelerating your career goals, which is why even MBA graduates take the programme to refresh their knowledge base and specialised managers take it to broaden their expertise. Executives use the programme to develop strategic management skills and network with exceptional peers from a variety of industries.
How soon should I enrol?
Programmes often fill up one or more months in advance so we strongly advise you to register early. Payment must also be completed before you attend, with joining instructions sent about 2 weeks in advance of the start date. Only then is your position secured on the programme.
Is there an exam at the end or is it graded?
There are no exams and the programme is completed with the presentation of a certificate of attendance. Note that our programmes are management development courses and not an accredited course. It is an important distinction since we do not issue credits for attendance. This course will however count towards CPD points.
See what our Delegates thought
- “Three of us went to The Bloomsbury hotel last week. In a word, fantastic. The material, pace, depth was all spot on. Just perfect. Couldn’t think of anything to be critical of, other than I would like to do more. And please may I have a job? The teachers were all absolutely brilliant, real world experience and expertise and application” - Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- An excellent and motivational course which would benefit any aspiring manager / executive – Next Level Financial management / Tyne Port Coatings
- This course is a must for anyone (in business) who needs to understand how and why their organisation works and can develop / grow - Groupe Atlantic
- This has been the best course I have attended by far in my chairman career – SPIE Ltd
- Excellent course giving a very good overview of executive business management. Took a lot away from the course that I can use – Haskel Europe Ltd
- This course far exceeded any expectations. All elements were relevant and well presented - ST David's Catholic College
- The whole five days were superb from start to finish - Tridan Engineering Ltd
- The University of Salford's CEBA course was faced pace and interesting every day. I found that i could take something away from each session that I can use with my organisation - Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Certificate in Business Administration (CEBA) is a comprehensive programme of academic and practical professional development, at the end of which you’ll be armed with the knowledge and skills to succeed
An Introduction to Leadership and Development
Delivering customer Value
Search & Social Media in your business
Dr Sunil Sahadev - Professor of Marketing, Salford Business School: Dr. Sunil Sahadev completed his PhD in Marketing from the Indian institute of Technology, Chennai. He worked at the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode and School of Management, University of Sheffield before joining Salford Business School as a Professor in Marketing. He has more than twelve years of experience teaching and conducting research in Marketing.
Dr Aleksej Heinze - Senior Lecturer & Co-Director of the Centre for Digital Business and Social Media Champion, Salford Business School: Aleksej is a Senior Lecturer with a wealth of lecturing experience in a variety of subjects mostly concerned with the use of Information Technologies to benefit business. In addition to his teaching, he has been active in a number of management and leadership roles including Co-Director of the Centre for Digital Business and Social Media Champion at Salford Business School.
John Davies - Acting Academic Unit Head: International Strategy, People Management and Salford Law: After working in management roles in both SMEs and multinationals in chemical processing and building service industries for 13 years, John joined the University of Salford in 1992. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI), a Chartered Quality Professional (CQP), former Chief Examiner for the CQI Diploma and Certificate in Quality, and former Chair of the CQI's Advisory Council. He is Chair of the Northern Region of the CQI. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and a former Director and Trustee of the Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE) (2007-10).
John is a judge for both the Salford Business Awards and the North of England Excellence Awards.
Kevin Kane - Programme Leader - MSc Project Management: I joined the University of Salford in 2003 after working for 14 years in the University of Central Lancashire. Overall I have spent 25 years teaching project and risk management in higher education.
Eileen Roddy - Associate Dean International: An enthusiastic, commercially orientated professional, dedicated to the concept of life-long learning and continuing academic and professional development in the global market place.
Eileen is a professional trainer and qualified lecturer in Accounting and Strategic Management, involved in creating dynamic products and services for CIMA Students and Members to support their study of the qualification and mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
Alison Kennedy, BA(Hons), ACMA, Dip IoD - IoD Programme Director, Salford Professional Development Ltd: Alison is a Chartered Management Accountant and holds a first class honours degree in Economics. Her business career includes roles and assignments within organisations as diverse as UKAEA, Sun Systems, BAE Systems, Bausch and Lomb and Cumbria Connections. Alison also acts as Programme Director for the Institute of Directors Company Direction Programme at the University of Salford and holds the Institute of Directors Diploma in Company Direction
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
CEBA is designed to equip you with many of the key insights, comprehensive management practices, benchmarks and business strategy tools taught in leading MBA courses - rapidly preparing you to handle new scenarios as a manager while strengthening professional performance, confidence and decision-making abilities.
Benefits of attending the CEBA Programme
- Capture many key learning points of an MBA course with a fraction of the time and cost
- Broaden your horizon and gain a well-rounded business acumen
- Gain exposure to best practices and benchmarks beyond your industry
- Discard outdated approaches and learn up-to-the-minute strategies
- Sharpen your ability to make decisions in a complex business environment
- Go from ideas to action with practical exercises and group project
- Take away effective tools and processes for immediate impact on the job
- Gain access to advice from an outstanding faculty team even after the programme
- Connect with an exceptional peer group from diverse industries
- Achieve a better understanding of your people, your products, and your business – giving you an unparalleled view of where your organisation stands, its strengths and future growth opportunities
- Have a solid platform on which to make strategic, technical, financial and management decisions that are reliable, well-grounded and commercially viable
- Gain a clear picture of the business world and its future direction, with forecasts, timelines and analysis from the experts
- Learn best practice leadership techniques and how they can be applied within industry
- Become fully equipped to take on new challenges and progress within your organisation
- Gain lifetime membership to our CEBA Alumni Network. You will join an exclusive club, in which you can readily share ideas and expertise with like-minded colleagues