The Government IoT Summit
“The internet of things has the potential to have a greater impact on society than the first digital revolution.” – Sir Mark Walport, Government Chief Scientific Adviser
The internet of things has the potential to transform the way the Government approaches some of the biggest challenges facing the UK.
IoT has near limitless applications, from gathering vast amounts of data to creating more responsive public services. But despite the enormous potential, the public sector has fallen behind private business when it comes to making the most of this new technology.
A lack of investment and leadership and inadequate digital infrastructure systems are often cited as the major barriers preventing the public sector from embracing IoT. The introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation will also mean stricter controls on the way devices share sensitive information. Recent cyber-attacks have underlined the need for robust cyber security and greater privacy protection.
Join us for The Government IoT Summit where leading experts from across the technology sector will explain how the internet of things will shape the future of Government services.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
Topics covered on the day will include:
- How will the £32 million investment in IoT help shape Government services?
- What would the Government gain by adopting IoT and how will new technology add value to services?
- What are the key priorities for IoT development in the coming years?
- How can smart technology improve local government services and help drive business improvement?
- How can we develop standards for IoT use in Government and agree on best practice?
- What are the training and upskilling needs of the Government workforce if IoT is going to be used successfully?
- How can IoT help improve collaboration across different Government departments?
- Which sectors are leading the way in the use of IoT and how can the public sector learn from these examples?
- Network with delegates from across the public sector and discuss the challenges posed by a better connected world.
- Gain unique insights into the future of IoT from our panel of leading experts.
- Have your questions answered during a panel discussion.
- Be the first to see the latest developments in IoT technology and learn how your organisation can improve public services by exploiting new innovations.
- Learn from examples of best practice from the organisations that are pioneering the use of IoT in the public sector.
- Plan ahead and anticipate how disruptive technology will change the way your organisation operates.
Registration and Refreshments
Opening Remarks from Chair
Terrence Fernando, Director, THINKlab, University of Salford
Caroline Gorski, Head of Internet of Things, IoT UK (CONFIRMED)
The national plan for innovation through the Internet of Things
Session delivered by Invisible Systems Ltd
Pete Thompson, Managing Director, Invisible Systems Ltd
Internet of Things in a Smart Factory
Refreshments & Networking Break
Session delivered by Pinacl Solutions UK
Mark Lowe, Strategic Director for Pinacl and Jo Evans, Digital Information Project Officer for Newport City Council (CONFIRMED)
City of Newport: putting Wales on the IoT map
Ian Jones, Solutions Architect, Smart Cities, Leeds City Council (CONFIRMED)
IoT and business transformation strategies
Lunch & Networking
Si Ho, Urban Mobility, Customer Insight, Big Data, Blockchain, Autonomy, Herkofy Limited and University of Cambridge (CONFIRMED)
The need for convergence of IoT with Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence to enable the Mobility as a Service market to scale and flourish:
Dulcidio Coelho, Technical Director, THINKlab, University of Salford (CONFIRMED)
Exploring current trends in the Internet of Things & Emerging Devices
Refreshments & Networking Break
Interactive Panel Discussion:
Where are we now, what’s on the horizon and where might we be in 5 years?
(Programme subject to change without notice)
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- Understand the mechanics of the internet of things and what it can achieve for the government and public sector.
- Gain insight into building a digital infrastructure to support IoT in the UK.
- Prepare your organisation for the integration of smart systems.
- Create a business model to demonstrate the effectiveness of IoT in streamlining your services.
- Learn how smart technology interventions are evaluated and use evidence to support transformation strategy.
- Make sure the public sector is at the forefront of using IoT technology for better results.
- Identify potential barriers to implementing IoT and explore smart solutions.
- Understand the role of Smart Cities in discussions surrounding the viability of IoT.