School Building and Condition Improvement Conference
“When you take that £400 million and divide it down to individual schools, this will be relatively small capital projects. Nevertheless, I hope it will be of use to schools”
(The RT Hon Damien Hinds 2018)
Presently, 91 per cent of schools in England are facing funding cuts – at a time when it has never been more uncertain and expensive to maintain educational infrastructures. The School Buildings and Conditions: Improving and Maintaining Facilities for the Future Conference has designed to provide strategic planning to support both maintenance and improving the condition of school buildings and facilities. Offering a clear understanding of how schools, academies and colleges can best prepare and utilise capital funding for improving their educational landscapes.
The agenda will be based around the National Audit Office’s (NAO) ‘School Buildings and Capital Funding (England)’ report (February 2017) whereby the NAO have provided recommendations regarding forecasting funding for the Department for Education to enact by 2020. Thematic discussions will take place involving: pupil safeguarding and productive learning environments, facilities management, Brexit and managing staff retention through upgrading environmental conditions.
Join us for the School Buildings and Conditions: Improving and Maintaining Facilities for the Future Conference where expert speakers will explain how your organisation can provide a secure educational environment safe from asbestos, dilapidated buildings and psychological consequences. This conference will offer advice on how to ensure your organisation is up to date with the latest capital funding projects and requirements including: integrating The National Funding Formula into your organisations’ business planning strategies.
Click here to view the agenda and to book your place to attend online.
Please register interest below and we will keep you updated
|Date||Venue||Price from:||Status||Spaces||Book Now||Enquire|
- Reviewing the progress, the Department for Education and its executive agencies including the Education and Skills Funding Agency are currently making with educational investments and discussions surrounding whether equal levels of funding will be allocated to schools, academies and colleges in the future through The National Funding Formula.
- Understand how to best position your organisation for capital funding forecasting and The Priority School Building Programme.
- Get new ideas on how to enhance the learning experience of your classrooms by upgrading buildings and creating safe and eco-friendly environments in order to help pupils with disabilities and mental health conditions.
- Planning and utilising best practice example frameworks for building construction to help aid classroom capacity issues and standards.
- Incorporating collaboration across local and central government, schools, colleges and academies into all business planning strategies to enhance classroom and both student and staff experience.
- Employability and enterprise: how to look after and equip staff for the future of work.
- See what the future looks like for school buildings and facility maintenance.
- Looking at the best way to plan, manage and deliver school buildings’ projects.
- Offering lively discussions on topics such as: pupil safeguarding and productive learning environments, facilities management, Brexit and managing staff retention through upgrading environmental conditions.
- Network with delegates and leading professionals from across both the public and private sector and discuss action-orientated solutions which you can implement for your institution.
Who should attend?
Associate Director for Education Team
Business Manager Facilities
Chair of Governors
Deputy Head of Capital Projects
Director of Capital Projects and Estates Strategy
Director of Finance and Operations
Director of Property
Education and Capital Manager
Finance and Premises Manager
Group Director of Estate Development
Head of Client Relations
Head of Education Client Services
Head of Technical Services
Head of Service for School Organisation
Head of Maintenance
Programme Delivery Lead
Regional Head for Free Schools
School Organisation and Capital Investment Officer
Senior Architectural Designer
Senior Project Manager