Unitemps Recruitment Consultant
Last updated: 05 Oct 2018
- Reports to:
- Salary: £20,000 - £21,000
- Department: Unitemps
- Locations: Salford
Salford Professional Development helps delegates to achieve their career goals through lifelong learning and development programmes that draw upon over years of educational excellence.
Continued professional development (CPD) is fundamental to career progression, helping people to learn new skills, keep up with the changing demands of the workplace and gain valuable qualifications in the process.
With this in mind, Salford Professional Development has been established with the aim of consolidating the University’s expertise in this area, providing a wide selection of courses that have been designed specifically to further the careers of those who study with us.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced recruitment professional who loves the buzz that comes with identifying recruitment opportunities, whilst being part of a team that works in a uniquely ethical environment. If you are tenacious and passionate recruitment professional then this may well be an opportunity for you.
Unitemps is the University of Salford’s recruitment consultancy placing students and graduates into temporary and part time roles both on campus and with clients across Greater Manchester.
360 recruitment role to support the Branch Manager of Unitemps in developing and expanding the Unitemps recruitment service internally and externally with businesses in the Greater Manchester area, achieving targets and contributing to growing the external business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone from a recruitment background who wants to develop his or her career within a Higher Education setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Business Development – internally and externally
- A warm desk, contacting local businesses via telephone and email within Greater Manchester to sell the Unitemps service and gain suitable job roles and long lasting relationships
- Provide research for the Branch Manager of Unitemps to be used in targeting UK clients on individual assignments and preferred supplier relationships.
- Undertake competitor, customer and pricing analysis to identify and exploit new potential markets and benchmark Unitemps’ offerings to competitors.
- Deliver an excellent level of service to the new and existing accounts of Unitemps
- Assist the clients to identify their leadership/professional recruitment needs and develop a bespoke search/recruitment strategy for each assignment.
- Deliver outstanding levels of communication and management of expectations throughout the process to ensure the client is fully aware of developments and delighted with service provided.
- Attending client meetings with senior clients to gain a thorough briefing for the assignment and developing a search/recruitment strategy with the client
- Conducting detailed interviews face to face to determine the suitability of the individual for the post
- Guiding the candidate through interview and appointment process
This list is not exhaustive and will be reviewed periodically when adjustments may be made.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate:
- Degree qualified or equivalent D, a)
- Recruitment experience E a), c)
- Experience of presenting and liaising within large organisations, developing long-term relationships with decision makers at all levels E a), c)
- A sound understanding of the temporary recruitment market, with proven experience in business-to-business sales E a), c)
- Excellent communication skills will be required as the role will involve assisting with the delivery of presentations to prospective clients and at networking events E a), c)
- The ability to produce convincing sales materials, sales and marketing strategies, plans and reports.E a) c)
- Awareness of new developments within recruitment, particularly with regard to legislative changes and issues affecting the HE/FE sector. E a), c)
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft applications and have an awareness of online recruitment methods. E a), c)
- Experience of recruiting into, or having worked within the higher education sector D a) c)
ESSENTIAL (E) or DESIRABLE (D)
a) Application Form
Those interested in applying for this role should send a CV and covering letter (no more than 300 words) detailing how they meet the person specification to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.