Last updated: 13 Mar 2018
- Reports to: Head of Marketing
- Salary: Competitive plus bonus
- Department: Marketing
- Locations: Salford
Salford Professional Development helps delegates to achieve their career goals through lifelong learning and development programmes that draw upon over years of educational excellence.
Continued professional development (CPD) is fundamental to career progression, helping people to learn new skills, keep up with the changing demands of the workplace and gain valuable qualifications in the process.
With this in mind, Salford Professional Development has been established with the aim of consolidating the University’s expertise in this area, providing a wide selection of courses that have been designed specifically to further the careers of those who study with us.
About the Role
As the SEO / Analytics Executive you will formulate and execute the SEO strategy for the organisation. You will use google analytics, excel and third party software to report on website performance and optimise the SEO, working closely with the production department and wider marketing department to help improve organic performance.
- Growing the organic online presence of our products and services
- Supporting and maintaining the website by undertaking search engine optimisation tasks and development to improve organic traffic and sales
- Work with wider marketing, production and content department to build and take responsibility of the SEO strategy
- Use data and analytics to track and report progress, with a focus on SERP growth
- Design experience is preferred but not essential, to assist with creating graphics and media for social media platforms and community website
- Conduct keyword research to understand SEO opportunities, optimising content keywords
- Work with the digital team to ensure the website is optimised from a technical point of view, including internal linking, media and page speed
- Create and executive a link building strategy to increase traffic and exposure
- General digital marketing tasks, assisting to grow social media and our ONECPD membership
The post holder will:
- Have working knowledge of SEO implementation and strategy building
- Have a background in building links, with an excellent knowledge of best practice
- Creative thinking for the creation of campaigns
- Have working knowledge of Google tools and reports
- Be organised and analytical
This role detail is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your Contract of Employment.