Junior eLearning Developer
Last updated: 05 Oct 2018
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Salary: 19-23,000 per annum +£9,000 bonus potential
- Department: SDL
- Locations: Salford
Salford Professional Development helps delegates to achieve their career goals through lifelong learning and development programmes that draw upon over years of educational excellence.
Continued professional development (CPD) is fundamental to career progression, helping people to learn new skills, keep up with the changing demands of the workplace and gain valuable qualifications in the process.
With this in mind, Salford Professional Development has been established with the aim of consolidating the University’s expertise in this area, providing a wide selection of courses that have been designed specifically to further the careers of those who study with us.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Junior eLearningDeveloper to join the team on a permanent basis working out of our busy Manchester office.
We are on the lookout for a talented Front-End Developer to work on user interface development across ecommerce projects for a diverse portfolio of clients spanning industries. The ideal candidate will have creative flair and a keen eye for detail with the ability to follow designs to the pixel. Executing streamlined, maintainable and willingness to keep to speed with digital innovation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ever growing team in a fast paced and dynamic agency environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Role is to fulfil the following duties and responsibilities:
- To facilitate in the creative development of digital learning material
- To facilitate and independently test and contribute to the development of product on the VLE
- Develop and support current and future e-commerce projects.
- Experience of developing for ecommerce platforms such as Canvas and D2L
- Test sites for cross-browser and multi-device capability.
- Troubleshoot and fix front-end bugs.
- Suggest and implement best approaches, new features and tooling for efficiency, performance, user experience and workflow.
- Participate in and contribute to team learning
This role detail is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your Contract of Employment.
The post holder will be accountable
Liaising with team to cover administration of VLE and development
To work productivity in facilitating with content gathering and working with SMEs to design digital material
Skills and Specifications
Ability to follow designs to the pixel with a keen eye for detail
- Experience writing valid, semantic markup
- Comfortable working with the command line
- Understanding of test-driven development
- Familiarity with HTLM templating is advantageous
- VLE experience advantageous
- Ability to export assets from the likes of photoshop, sketchapp, and/or illustrator.
Those interested in applying for this role should send a CV and covering letter (no more than 300 words) detailing how they meet the person specification to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of any protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010.