Last updated: 26 Jul 2018
- Reports to: Head of Marketing
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Marketing
- Locations: Salford
Salford Professional Development helps delegates to achieve their career goals through lifelong learning and development programmes that draw upon over years of educational excellence.
Continued professional development (CPD) is fundamental to career progression, helping people to learn new skills, keep up with the changing demands of the workplace and gain valuable qualifications in the process.
With this in mind, Salford Professional Development has been established with the aim of consolidating the University’s expertise in this area, providing a wide selection of courses that have been designed specifically to further the careers of those who study with us.
About the Role
Salford Professional Development are seeking an experienced database Co-ordinator with essential Microsoft Excel skills to take ownership of the organisation’s data. The role holder will be responsible for facilitating the usage of the databases across the organisation, whilst also maintaining, cleaning and analysing the database and unsubscribe requests.
- Supporting the business with the implementation of the overall database strategy, including system / procedure updates, new features and preparations for GDPR compliance
- Assisting with FOI requests
- Maintaining the database to deliver clarity and consistency – merging, deleting, cleansing and updating records
- Managing data exports including scheduling use of lists by marketing and sales departments
- Overseeing data imports to create targeted data sets, cleanse and merge
- Update subscriptions and unsubscribes
- Providing departments with data support where required
- Provide insight and analysis – filtering into the database and segmenting as required
- Work closely with the marketing department to introduce best practices for data usage
- Consolidate databases being utilised across the organisation to introduce a single customer view
The post holder will:
- Have Knowledge of data protection guidelines
- Have outstanding data literacy, able to proactively identify and apply the most efficient solution to varied data processing requirements
- Advanced skills in Excel with competence in sorting, manipulating and formatting large data sets. Including but not limiting to V lookup
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a similar database administrator / executive role
- Experience of handling data within a marketing, communications, sales capacity is desirable
- Experience of working within CRM systems
- Must be analytically minded with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in small projects alongside multiple teams and under your own initiative
Those interested in applying for this role should send a CV and covering letter (no more than 300 words) detailing how they meet the person specification to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.