Social Work Lecturer
Following the completion of a Psychology BA I worked as an assistant psychologist, support young people diagnosed with Autism, learning disabilities who displayed behaviours that challenge to manage their behaviour, to improve quality of life.
After returning to education to complete my Social Work MA at Salford, I spent 5 years with a local authority as a social worker, initially on the adult duty team, before moving to support the creation of an extended hours hospital discharge team. This work included intermediate care settings, which sparked my interest in the multi-disciplinary environment and lead to my PhD proposal.
My PhD research project explores the under-representation of Pakistani and Bangladeshi older women using intermediate care. Using narrative interviews and dialogical narrative analysis I aim to propose a framework for inclusion to enable these women fair access to services.
- Module leader: Ideological Construction of Social Work Practice
- Module leader: The Policy, Context and Structure of Social Work Practice
- Practice tutor – placement support for level 5 and 6 students
- Social work with minority ethnic groups
- Food poverty/food insecurity
- Qualitative research methods
Qualifications and Memberships
- HCPC Registration number: SW13391
- FHEA Recognition number: PR089938
The Conversation - How Jeremy Hunt’s 7 Day NHS Will Punish Social Workers (11/08/15)