Dr Celia Hynes
Director of Multi Professional Post Graduate Studies
- Mary Seacole MS1.23
- T: 0161 295 2784
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEEK: Research profile
I entered nurse education in 1988 as a lecturer/practitioner to lead the then ENB 415 intensive care course for children, having spent the majority of my clinical practice in this area. Although originally trained as a registered nurse I found that my desire was to work closely with children and therefore undertook further studies to achieve this. I became a fulltime lecturer in Children’s nursing in 1990. I progressed my academic career and maintained strong clinical links. My interest grew in the area of human relationships and psychoanalytic work and I gained my PhD in this area. I took on roles as programme leaders and Associate Head for Teaching and Learning. My desire to work closely with teams led me to apply for my current role as a Director and I now lead the Directorate of Multi professional post graduate studies.
My academic interests remain focused on human relationships, leadership and management and emotional intelligence. I teach across all levels of learning from pre registration to post graduate studies. I supervise across all of these areas too.
I have a particular interest in the behaviour of people and why they behave the way they do. I have been working with colleagues from other Universities to consider elements of conflict resolution. In addition I have a passion for work with veterans of armed services personnel and I am leading a project and research in this area.
Qualifications and Memberships
- PhD (2010) ‘ Transference and Counter transference as an agent in Care’ - University of Salford.
- 2000 - A50 Children’s Community Nursing University of Salford.
- 1998 - M.A. Psychoanalytic Studies - The University of Sheffield.
- 1996 - E.N.B. NO1 Counselling in the Caring Professions - University of Salford.
- 1995 - Manchester Course in Group Psychotherapy - Institute of G.A.N. London
- 1994 -B.A. (Hons) Nurse Education/Registered Nurse Tutor - Manchester Victoria University.
- 1988 - Registered Clinical Nurse Teacher - Liverpool John Moores University.
- 1984 - Registered Sick Children's Nurse - Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool Health Authority.
1978 - Registered General Nurse - Preston Health Authority
I have a growing record of publications across a variety of journals, particularly focusing on leadership and management and the concept of transference and counter transference in relationships. I work to promote the profile of the staff within my Directorate and support their time for writing and bidding.