- Allerton C606
- T: 0161 295 2961
- E: email@example.com
I am a Registered social worker with practice experience as a social worker, Senior Practitioner, HIV and AIDS Coordinator, Team Manager and a professional post in Learning and Development before coming to Salford University in 2013.
My social work practice was mainly with people with a physical disability, chronic health problems, acquired brain injury and terminal illness.
I am an experienced Practice Educator now undertaking the role of Off Site Practice Educator.
In February 2016 I became a Trustee of a local charity supporting people with a severe Learning Disability and complex needs.
I deliver teaching to qualified social workers working in partner organisations who want to become Practice Educators assessing social work students on placement.
I also deliver teaching course to people who are going to be On Site Supervisors for social work students on placement.
I deliver a range of CPD opportunities to Practice Educators to support their continuing development and maintain currency according to national standards.
• Physical disability and long term illness/chronic conditions
• Practice Learning
Qualifications and Memberships
• Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Social Worker
• NVQ 4 Learning and Development including A1 NVQ Assessor Award. Runshaw College 2007
• Graduate Certificate in Management and Leadership Manchester Metropolitan University 2004
• BTEC Reflexology and Stress Management. City College Manchester 1999
• Diploma in Counselling. South Trafford College 1998
• Certificate in Counselling. South Trafford College 1996
• Post Qualifying Award in Social Work. CCETSW and Greater Manchester Post Qualifying Consortium 1996
• Practice Teacher Award. CCETSW and Greater Manchester Practice Teacher Award Programme 1995
• MSocSc Birmingham University 1985
• CQSW Birmingham University 1983
• BA (Hons) Social Studies Hull University 1976/79