Lecturer (Adult Nursing)
- Mary Seacole 2.54
- T: 0161 295 7288
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEEK: Research profile
Michael Lappin has been a lecturer at the University of Salford since 2003. He gained an Upper-Second Undergraduate Degree in Nursing year 1996 and a Postgraduate Degree in Healthcare practice year 2004. He has a clinical background in Cardiology and was a staff nurse, charge nurse, and nurse in Coronary Care before moving into a role as a Professional Development Leader at Salford Royal Hospital.
Michaels nursing education commenced over 40 years ago (1976) when first enrolled as a nurse and then moved to Manchester to complete a conevrsion course to Registered Nursing at Trafford General Hospital.
He has an interest in Leadership and Management, CPD, Action Learning, Quality Improvement and Leading Change
- He currently work's 3 days reduced from 5 days (since October 2016)
- Preparation for Professional Practice (Level 6)
- Leading & Managing in Healthcare Organisations (Level 7)
- Various pre-registration module teaching and academic support for personal students
Michael is currently involved in setting up an ICZ with the Chair of the Manchester GP Federation in conjunction with the Head of Enterprise and the ICZ lead.
Qualifications and Memberships
- 2003-2004 PGCE at the University of Salford
- 1998-2003 MSc in Health Care Practice at the University of Salford
- 1992-1996 BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies 2:1 Manchester Metropolitan University
- 1992 ENB 124 Certificate (Coronary Care Nursing) Hope Hospital, Salford
- 1988-1989 EN-RGN Conversion Course, Trafford General Hospital, Davyhulme, Manchester
- 1987 ENB 130 (Coronary Care Nursing for Enrolled Nurses) Freeman Road Hospital, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 1976-1978 State Enrolled Nurse South Tees Area Health Authority, Middlesbrough, Cleveland
Chapters in book:
Peate, I. Wild, K. Nair, M. (2014) Nursing Practice: Knowledge & Care Wiley Blackwell, Oxford.
Chapter 6 The Nursing Process
Chapter 7 Models of Nursing
Due to be published as a 2nd edition 2017/2018